I ripped my system out so here's my new box

First p1 next p2 now p3... Future... uh.... t1????

The ever-elusive P4 and P5 :peepwall:

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

Just step it up to a dc. I wanted to step up to a kicker cvx but I decided on dc level 4 15.

I would like to, but I'm worried about magnet clearance because of the way I built my box. I also don't think my electrical system is strong enough to power the amp needed with the DC subs I would get. I have ALOT of work to do before I can run them.

Big 3, 0 AWG wiring, maybe an extra battery or at least one nice one, maybe HO alt, complete trunk rebuild...

Not to mention I'm getting killer deals on the RF gear and then reselling it close to what I paid for it!

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

I voted for you for SOTM...not a chance you can catch the leader but hey...a vote is a vote...I personally love the smaller budget builds :drinks:

It's not about winning, just the vote! :)

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

• 1 month later...

Had to stop by and see how your build was coming, it sounds really nice man!

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good. Couple little things to help clean it up even more. One tip is on the screws.. may be too late now due to you screwing thru the carpet (maybe not yet). But if you cut a v around the hole in the carpet. you can lift it up and hide the screws under the carpet. And for the second thing. Why not make more holes on the amp rack for the wiring going to the outsides of the amp rack? Just my .02. Impressed tho for your first build! Keep up the work :drinks:

TEAM DC

www.dcsoundlab.com

2003 Tiburon GT V6 6 Speed

Ported Clam

6 12" DC Audio XL M2's

2 American Bass 1100.1

1 American Bass 350.4

3 D3100, 1 D975, 3 D925

Second Skin Damp Pro and Spectrum.

About 75% done

153.6 Sealed on dash at 34hz

TDH.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys, I didn't make holes because this amp rack wasn't originally made to fit these amps and there's just not enough room on either side to drill more holes for the wires. And thanks for the tip on the screws. I didn't know what else to do so I just painted the heads black. Just a little heads up: I am planning on a complete rebuild. That's why you haven't seen much else out of me...that and I've done some other things to my car like maintenance and new aftermarket muffler, short throw shifter, etc.

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

• 2 months later...

Just read through the whole build, I like it man. That box looks hella nice to.

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.

• 3 weeks later...

My documenting was somewhat terrible the last two days that I have been working on this. Me and my dad got all the cuts done Saturday and glued/screwed everything together today. Tomorrow I hope to cut the holes for the new 2012 series P3 woofer and the AEROPORT that I will be using for this box (yay!) and get the inside sealed up good. I'm doing one 10 inch woofer tuned to 20 htz in a 2 cubic foot box. I'm not cutting corners on the port like I did with my last box, so this one will be completely accurate and I'm hoping my bass is much tighter and articulate than before. My port is going to be 2" in diameter and 9.1" in depth. I was skeptical of how small it is, but I'm trusting my software on this.

Anyway, my box is Birch and I will be staining it a natural stain and lacquering it. I will be making an amp wall to cover the back of the box in the trunk that will also be the same stained and lacquered Birch. I can't wait to see all this come together!

tuningcurve.png

20120109160833626.jpg

20120109175516367.jpg

20120109160846696.jpg

20120109181407197.jpg

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

I also got the Pioneer DEH7200HD for Christmas which I love! My sound stage is improved, clarity was stepped up a notch, and it even tightened up my low/mid bass. My speakers perform louder and tighter as well. I also sold my P3 10's for $170 of Craigslist Monday. I bought them for $180. Lol.

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Archived