I ripped my system out so here's my new box

Yeah this is my first stage so I'll hold onto my P1's for now. I wanna finish up the rest of the system first. I still need to get a mono block for the subs and a 4 channel for the mids/highs. Prolly gonna go with the p300-1 and p400-4. Do you like the kenwood excelon head units?

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't have one as of right now, running an awful kenwood mp145 or something like that (was only $50 or so and i needed a temp) but i'm going to most likely get one of the excelon's after i get my christmas money.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Cool man, I got the Excelon on my hitlist too...just towards the bottom of the list right now. These AQ's seem really good on price...is there a catch somewhere?

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

I already mentioned this earlier in the thread, but no one saw/responded to it. I used my uncle's SPL meter a few weeks ago and got between 126 db and into the 130's. (the meter cuts off at 130 db) But I question the accuracy of this. How is it that I could get 130 db's off two wimpy P1's when Meade's getting like 150's off 4 badass 18's? Help?

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Definitely nice craftsmanship. Though I wouldn't have taken the same route you did, I see a lot of potential in your work.

As far as amplifiers go, I'd say no to the p-300.1. It's not a bad amp, you're just paying for the name.

Kenwood 8104d will make 500 watts and cost a little less. Buy online, it's the best way to go.

I'd say if you really wanna step it up, throw $250 and get an audioque 1200d. It'll put down at least 600 @ 2 ohms, and when your ready to step up it'll put down 1200@ 1 ohm.

Though, once you start getting into more expensive amps you're going to want to find a better location for them. If anyone breaks into your car, your amp is theirs in maybe 30 seconds. MDF is a brittle wood and the hinge you have holding your amp rack is a weak point. It's not the way you screwed it together that makes it weak its the fact that it folds out of the car. When its folded past your bumper, its easy to break off with a kick.

I appreciate the constructive help man. I have thought about break ins and I'm just praying I get lucky. I'm installing a Viper alarm with some Chirstmas money and I back in my driveway every night which is in front of my bedroom. Hopefully this will discourage thieves. I'll take a look at the Kenwood amp and I'm already familiar with the AQ amp. The room for growth is appealing with the AQ amp, so I'll give it some second thought. That amp is gonna be vulnerable either way unless I hid it. Even if they didn't break off the lid, which is very weak, they could get it off quick with a screwdriver. Thanks again!

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Nice looking build bro. As far as the "spl meter" I highly doubt that it's accurate. It's a mic reading and the sensitivity on those can be off the charts. The only true way to measure sound pressure level is with a termlab. A rule of thumb is for every 3db increase takes a double in power. So you can imagine how much power it takes to reach those higher levels. And a DB scoring doesn't really mean anything other than in competition.. it's just a number. Just because a car can meter higher, doesn't mean its louder to the ear.

But great looking build, looking forward to seeing the final product.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

Nice looking build bro. As far as the "spl meter" I highly doubt that it's accurate. It's a mic reading and the sensitivity on those can be off the charts. The only true way to measure sound pressure level is with a termlab. A rule of thumb is for every 3db increase takes a double in power. So you can imagine how much power it takes to reach those higher levels. And a DB scoring doesn't really mean anything other than in competition.. it's just a number. Just because a car can meter higher, doesn't mean its louder to the ear.

But great looking build, looking forward to seeing the final product.

Glad to see an answer to my SPL meter. Thanks, and I'm not really wanting to focus on SPL. I can't afford it, don't have a good car, and I'm really more of a SQ guy anyway. I've always had an appreciation for good audio. Coming mainly from my dad, who's an audiophile. Ever heard the difference between a mint condition record and a modern day mp3? Haha anyway, glad you like the build. I'm really focusing on those highs/mids now.

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Archived