Cablguy's 1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Hey cablguy quick question for you, I don't know if I missed it but how did you attach that foam to your door panel? I think you said it was the mattress foam, did you just glue it, or Velcro? I'm getting ready to do my doors so I appreciate any help.

Light coat of 3M spray glue. Light coat for easy removal ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Hey cablguy quick question for you, I don't know if I missed it but how did you attach that foam to your door panel? I think you said it was the mattress foam, did you just glue it, or Velcro? I'm getting ready to do my doors so I appreciate any help.

Thank you! I really appreciate the help

Thank you! I really appreciate the help
NP brother

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

just like azscott...I just took the pleasure of reading this entire thread as well! took an hour! lol! you definitely know what you are doing. I feel very honored being on this forum with you!

Looking forward to apply some of your ideas to my vehicle as well! one thing I would like to ask...the mattress foam used as dampener in the doors...is there some kind of plastic barrier you

put on before you put the door panels back on? Im just curious to the introduction of moisture. its moist and damp for 3/4s of the year here where I live, and the thought of moisture lock

comes to mind. other than that, looks like it is extremely effective! and the pods in the dash are just amazing! Im left to only imagine the imaging and sound stage! Cheers! :drink40:

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

Thank you sir.

No problems with moisture in the truck except where the blow through work was done.

Doors are sealed with deadner (100%coverage) them padded. Worls just as good as a sealed enclosure. So good in fact I was told to turn the subs off during a Sq demo to hear the front stage alone and to see his jaw drop when I showed him the subs was Off was priceless. I never used my subs for SQ demos ... Ask ninja if you think I'm joking ...

15's.....Really! i would have never though you for a 15" kinda guy! tuned in for upgrades and blow thru for sure.

It started out with four 15s tuned at 40 htz ... Just wasn't satisfied. Thinking I can get just as much out of it with two musical 15s tuned around 28 htz. Not looking for 150 db+ like before, but I'm sure it will not have any problems making somewhere close.

I'm looking for somewhere along the lines of "The delicate sound of thunder" if you know what I mean ...

15's.....Really! i would have never though you for a 15" kinda guy! tuned in for upgrades and blow thru for sure.

It started out with four 15s tuned at 40 htz ... Just wasn't satisfied. Thinking I can get just as much out of it with two musical 15s tuned around 28 htz. Not looking for 150 db+ like before, but I'm sure it will not have any problems making somewhere close.

I'm looking for somewhere along the lines of "The delicate sound of thunder" if you know what I mean ...

delicate sound of Thunder....

ThunderStruck! :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

You know I'm a AC/DC - Floyd head banger to the core brother !!!

For Those About To Rock !!!

You know I'm a AC/DC - Floyd head banger to the core brother !!!

For Those About To Rock !!!

I grew up on that stuff! Now I've kinda transitioned into other stuff, Pantera gets a lot of play time, as well as KoRn, Tool, Filter, Opeth... Motley, Van Halen, Aerosmith.

When I finally do get a demo of your rides, I wanna hear some of that :)

Did say the new 15's build with be a 4th order bandpass correct?

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Haven't gave much thought about what enclosure to build, just gonna let the team enclosure designers model the drivers, measure out the truck, and figure out what's best for the drivers, truck, power, amplification, and what I want out of the system ...

I'm sure Ray, Mike, and Jimmy will exceed my expectations again ...

Archived