Mechman Alternators

NEW adjustable voltage boost module VIDEO

so... just curious.. whats the safest for daily driver voltage ? and i have a 12v battery.

and how does this compare to the XS VCM ?

The manufacturer of your 12 volt battery will have a maximum recomended charging spec, but as a general rule of thumb:

14.9 volts for AGM 12 volt battery

15.2 volts for flooded battery.

There are also other factors to consider, such as amperage and the physical temperature of the battery. The hotter the temp of the battery, the lower the charging voltage should be to prevent gassing. Also, you can charge at slightly higher voltage levels if you can only put a few amps into each battery.

For example: If you are running a stock 105 amp alternator on 5 big batteries, you can get away with a little more voltage because you can only put in 20 amps max per battery, and the overall heat put into each battery will be less.

so... just curious.. whats the safest for daily driver voltage ? and i have a 12v battery.

and how does this compare to the XS VCM ?

The manufacturer of your 12 volt battery will have a maximum recomended charging spec, but as a general rule of thumb:

14.9 volts for AGM 12 volt battery

15.2 volts for flooded battery.

There are also other factors to consider, such as amperage and the physical temperature of the battery. The hotter the temp of the battery, the lower the charging voltage should be to prevent gassing. Also, you can charge at slightly higher voltage levels if you can only put a few amps into each battery.

For example: If you are running a stock 105 amp alternator on 5 big batteries, you can get away with a little more voltage because you can only put in 20 amps max per battery, and the overall heat put into each battery will be less.

interesting... and how does this compare to the XS VCM ? besides being $30 cheaper :D

Will these work with dc power alts?

And are 02 accords PCM controlled?

???

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

Thinking about one of these. Besides overcharging battery if set to high does this make your alternator work to hard or long. will it wear it out quicker or is it the same as normal.

Chevy Avalanche Z66-BigBlue Edition
Pioneer AVHX2700BS
Cheap dont know brand(Front)
2 Cadence 6.5"CVL midbass (Rear)
2 78 series Autocraft Gold Batteries
Stinger Battery Iso.
New Mechman 270 amp alternator
Lanzar OPTI4000D
Jbl 75.2
DC SoundLab Level 5 18
Lots of 1/0 and 4 gauge wires
Few 250/150 amp fuses
Oriental Blue House of Kolors Candy Paint
18" ION alloy 179/Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 275/70R18
z66Sig.png

for honda's with the k20 engine would this fit and work?

Edited by knowledge

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Will these work with dc power alts?

And are 02 accords PCM controlled?

They will work with any DC power alt that utilizes a standard GM 4 pin regulator, or any 6G or 3G Ford alt that uses a standard non-pcm controlled regulator. (I think they always put GM units on Ford vehicles though)

02 Accords are not PCM controlled, but our AVBM is not compatible with the stock alternator on that vehicle. The AVBM IS compatible with a MechMan large case conversion kit for 02 Accord, however

Thinking about one of these. Besides overcharging battery if set to high does this make your alternator work to hard or long. will it wear it out quicker or is it the same as normal.

There are no adverse effects to the alternator, I run them on ragged out, 100,000+ mile stock alternators all the time with no problems. The overall output wattage of the alternator is only increased slightly to the increased strain is very minimal.

interesting... and how does this compare to the XS VCM ? besides being $30 cheaper :D

It basically does the same thing as a VCM, it just doesn't have the in-cab controller or voltmeter.