Sonic Electronix

Who told you there was a difference? Batteries are batteries, we just use certain types on here that are more suited to our power needs.

BTW, you might want to fix the title of this thread, not only is it kinda annoying being in caps with spaces, but I don't think that batteriers exist. ;)

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Who told you there was a difference? Batteries are batteries, we just use certain types on here that are more suited to our power needs.

Theres a lot of difference..

such as a regular wet wet lead acid battery will leak if used on its side vs an AGM battery like XS Power, BatCap, or Kinetik which can all be installed anyway the room is available.

A regular wet cell lead acid battery should not be used in a trunk of a car or interior of the vehicle ANYWHERE because they discharge Toxic Deadly gasses.

A regular wet cell lead acid battery will bever have a high aH rating, or Discharge rating, nor could it ever have a instant 3000+ Short Circuit amp rating.

Thought those 3 things are a PRETTY BIG DIFFERENCE for a battery that some claim to be the SAME.

:drinks:

such as a regular wet wet lead acid battery will leak if used on its side vs an AGM battery like XS Power, BatCap, or Kinetik which can all be installed anyway the room is available.

A regular wet cell lead acid battery should not be used in a trunk of a car or interior of the vehicle ANYWHERE because they discharge Toxic Deadly gasses.

A regular wet cell lead acid battery will bever have a high aH rating, or Discharge rating, nor could it ever have a instant 3000+ Short Circuit amp rating.

Thought those 3 things are a PRETTY BIG DIFFERENCE for a battery that some claim to be the SAME.

:werd_msword:

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

Deep cycle batteries vs standard wet cell. The wet cell will leak or explode while the deep cycles are just as they sound, meant to be cycled many times. I think they discharge faster too? Not sure on that. XS rocks

Deep cycle SLA's weren't exactly invented only for audio though. Personally I'd consider them standard batteries since if you go and replace the stock battery in your car they will give you a sealed battery, and if you asked they would give you a deep cycle one. It's not like they are made specifically for audio, so therefore they aren't really audio batteries. Also, I never said that there weren't physical differences.

Also, you are allowed wet, non-sealed batts in the trunk. But they have to be in a sealed, fireproof and actively vented to the outside. This is what you have to do for said batteries in the trunk of a homemade electric car and to have it pass as road legal. Haha.

I do agree I kinda screwed up the last post, I shouldn't have put the word power in that sentecne. ;)

Edited by bassl0va

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

KinetiK Rocks Harder

Headunit - Pioneer AVH-P4250 DVD

4 - infinity reference 6.5

a pair of infinity reference tweeters

1 - AudioQue AQ-120.4 amplifier for mids & highs

1 - AudioQue AQ-2200D Monoblock

1 - AudioQue HDC315

KitAudio kerf ported Enclosure

4 - Stinger pro series signal wires

20ft Stinger 1/0Ga power & Ground wires

Big Three Upgrade

1 - Kinetik HC1800 (Not Here yet . .Still Saving up for one)

KinetiK Rocks Harder

You know this how?

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

powermaster rocks harder haha :peepwall:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

one more thing to consider is the reserve capacity. which is how long the battery can put out voltage capable of running electronics without a charge. batteries like kinetic, xs power, bat cap etc., will all have a MUCH higher reserve capacity than your standard car battery.

Edited by Bass_Man_2010

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc