XS Power

I have a 1200 under the hood connected via 4 runs of 1/0 to two 6500's in the trunk. My car is not going to be started for 8-10 weeks while in transit. The plan is to take out the fuses between the front and back batteries, and put them back in when I pick up the car. The front battery will probably be drained by the alarm by the time it arrives. Will the 6500's stay charged for 2 1/2 months? All the batteries rest above 13 volts.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I have 2 3100's that sit unhooked for long periods of time. They are fine. If anything is draining them then yes it can be an issue.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

If you charge them up fully before the shipment, then you should be fine. One thing to think about is weather changes (cold to warm to cold) and cold temps will drain the batteries faster.

I sent the car off today. Charged the batts overnight first. I don't know how well the ship is climate controlled, if at all, but i'm sure it's hella cold in the mid-atlantic this time of year. I'll let you know Feb 14th, thats the delivery date.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread