Sonic Electronix

2 smds 1 kicker warhorse?

A friend of mine owns a company that performs competitive analysis on power amplifiers. He has done this for 15 years and is considered the foremost expert in this field. He put the Warhorse through its paces and told me personally, "Dude - this is the most unbelievable power amp I've ever tested." According to him, this amplifier is somewhat of an engineering marvel. It exceeded all published specifications during his analysis of it. Now, in all fairness, he has never had his hands on a T15kw. Regardless, I think you got a STEAL of a deal for $1299.00.

Not only is Audio Savings a Partner of ours here at SMD . . . they're one of our BEST! Don't believe me? Then look at what they put up for this months SOTM! If any of the rest of you are on the fence about buying this amp from Audio Savings at that price, then you should act NOW while the promo lasts!

Keep us posted as to the progress of this build.

Tony you are right that this is a steal. I have been doing business with Kicker for a long time. The history of this amp is as follows, when it came out its retail price was $10,000 and people were buying it for that price. We worked out a special promotion with Kicker and had a special running on it for $2500-$3000 about a year ago its now going for half of that. That is about 87% off retail. I do not believe there is any amp on the market today that pushes out even close to this power at anywhere near this price. We still have a few left but once they are gone these will never be at this price again. If anyone has questions about the amp , set up, wiring for it, power supply like batteries, subs etc......... please feel free to email us at [email protected] or call 646 432 4971 for professional Tech support on it

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make sure before you order your subs that you are completely familiar with how the warhorse powers your subs. To power 2 subs at 2 ohms per coil you will need to get Dual 1 ohm subs.

After my experience with my 2 SMDs and my Warhorse, you dont have enough airspace to get maximum performance out of the SMDs. I had mine in 3 different boxes. 5.5, 6,and 6.5 per sub after displacements. I did not have the room to go any bigger than the 6.5 per sub after displacements. If I had the room to do what I wanted to do, I would recommend giving the SMDs 7.5-8 ft3 after displacements. The 2 SMDs will take the 10k of the warhorse with NO problems.

I can tell you from what I have done myself that I have just switched from the 2 SMD 18s to 4 DC XL 15s. With basically the same airspace, the XLs (In my opnion) beat the SMDs hands down. Obviously cone area has alot to do with this, but for overall sound quality and performance I am happier with the XLs.

One other thing to think about before buying SMDs is if you decide you dont want them anymore, SMDs are not the easiest things to sell and you wont get anywhere close to your money back for them.

If you have any questions about he warhorse feel free to PM me.

hey CJ, the smd i own now is 2 ohms its wired down to 1 ohm tho, can't you just wire 2 ohm subs to 1 ohm them connect them into series to make them 2?

heres the link that proves this

im thinking about putting a 12 cubic box tuned to 28 hertz get 4 more d3100s and then later just keep adding to my electrical. i have read that u can adjust the wattage on this amp so first i'll have it down and then turn it up as the electrical gets better.

right now i have 2 optimas up from 1 xs d5100 in the back. and a DC 270xp alternator(2nd one will be added later on)

Not with a warhorse.

Make sure before you order your subs that you are completely familiar with how the warhorse powers your subs. To power 2 subs at 2 ohms per coil you will need to get Dual 1 ohm subs.

After my experience with my 2 SMDs and my Warhorse, you dont have enough airspace to get maximum performance out of the SMDs. I had mine in 3 different boxes. 5.5, 6,and 6.5 per sub after displacements. I did not have the room to go any bigger than the 6.5 per sub after displacements. If I had the room to do what I wanted to do, I would recommend giving the SMDs 7.5-8 ft3 after displacements. The 2 SMDs will take the 10k of the warhorse with NO problems.

I can tell you from what I have done myself that I have just switched from the 2 SMD 18s to 4 DC XL 15s. With basically the same airspace, the XLs (In my opnion) beat the SMDs hands down. Obviously cone area has alot to do with this, but for overall sound quality and performance I am happier with the XLs.

One other thing to think about before buying SMDs is if you decide you dont want them anymore, SMDs are not the easiest things to sell and you wont get anywhere close to your money back for them.

hey CJ, the smd i own now is 2 ohms its wired down to 1 ohm tho, can't you just wire 2 ohm subs to 1 ohm them connect them into series to make them 2?

im thinking about putting a 12 cubic box tuned to 28 hertz get 4 more d3100s and then later just keep adding to my electrical. i have read that u can adjust the wattage on this amp so first i'll have it down and then turn it up as the electrical gets better.

right now i have 2 optimas up from 1 xs d5100 in the back. and a DC 270xp alternator(2nd one will be added later on)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I dont see the Hype over the Warhorse personally.. You can get a much smaller amp that puts out more power and is more efficient for the same price

Im in no way bashing Kicker its just that is a BIG ass AMP...The actual amp itself not the power output

I hate the amp personally

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I dont see the Hype over the Warhorse personally.. You can get a much smaller amp that puts out more power and is more efficient for the same price

Im in no way bashing Kicker its just that is a BIG ass AMP...The actual amp itself not the power output

Because you've owned one right?... ugh.

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

It's just one of those amps eh?

If it's so damn efficient, why the heck do they recommend so much electrical?

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Not with a warhorse.

im pretty sure because in the manual it shows how u wire 2 2ohm subs to a 2 ohm load

Warhorse requires both coil leads to be driven separately.

Think of it like this: with a single sub that has two 2 ohm coils you need to put each coil on its own "channel" on the warhorse. To do the same with 4 ohm subs you'd need to use two dual 4 ohm subs. 2 coils per "channel"

I put channel in quotation marks because they are not actually channels, just coil dependent circuits.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

So let's put it like this on one sub its voice coil one and voice coil 2, u connect voice coil 1 on push, and connect voice coil 2 on pull then can't u just do that for the other sub?

Yes, you can. However you need to treat each connection as an amplifier. You need to keep an eye on your final ohm load.

With two Dual 2 ohm subs you can only wire the amplifier to 4 ohms per side.

Hammerdown... 1%

Archived