Second Skin Audio

Need suggestions on shallow mount sub

Hey everyone just got a new vehicle to do it's a 2011 gmc 4 Door I was wondering what type of shallow mount sub you all reccomend for this vehicle it's focus is a real clean sound with everything Lmk thank you for the input I'm gonna have morel elates in the front and probably the morel tempos in the rear door

The kickers I had worked just fine never got to compare to anything else though.

My First Build on SMD (Blow Through)

2004 Ford F-350 SD Lariat

Pioneer 3200BT DVD Deck

Infinity Reference Components not powered

Bully Dog Gauge Cluster Pyro, Turbo, Trans

SF3 SCT Tuner W/Customs

If you can't Join em' Crush em'

i have polk audio mm series 10s and i love them, they are not specifically "shallow" subs but they have a very small mount depth. but like i said i have 2 of them and they are great, i just wish i had a little bigger box for them to let them breath.

I run 2 of the JL 13TW5's and they are amazing. 3/4 of a cubic foot box throw 500 watts to one of them and you will be very happy. I ran the kickers before them and it was a night and day difference. I know that I will probably be raped for telling someone to buy JL on this site, but for the shallow sub market it is my opinion that they probably make the best one out there.

D

1978 Chevy 3/4 ton Reg Cab Pickup Alpine 9887 Imprint Head Unit JL Audio HD600.4 (Mid Amp) JL Audio HD750.1 (Sub Amp) 2 x JL 13TW5 Shallow Sub's JL C5-650 Components in fiberglassed door mod JL ZR800-CW Mid Bass in the kick panels ***UPCOMING BUILD(2 weeks and counting)*** 8 JL Audio 15" W0's in a blow through 2 Kicker 2500.1

Ya Jl a decent brand it's just the whole idea of spending ALOT more on the "same" or lesser product. IMO only.

Edited by 55437Audio

My First Build on SMD (Blow Through)

2004 Ford F-350 SD Lariat

Pioneer 3200BT DVD Deck

Infinity Reference Components not powered

Bully Dog Gauge Cluster Pyro, Turbo, Trans

SF3 SCT Tuner W/Customs

If you can't Join em' Crush em'

Ya Jl a decent brand it's just the whole idea of spending ALOT more on the "same" or lesser product. IMO only.

They are a bit pricey but i am running 2 of them off of the JL 1000/1 now instead of the HD750 and im doing 141.3 in the kick in a regular cab pickup with door open and 135 sealed on the dash. I dont think that is do bad for a sealed enclosure and a bit underpowered.

D

1978 Chevy 3/4 ton Reg Cab Pickup Alpine 9887 Imprint Head Unit JL Audio HD600.4 (Mid Amp) JL Audio HD750.1 (Sub Amp) 2 x JL 13TW5 Shallow Sub's JL C5-650 Components in fiberglassed door mod JL ZR800-CW Mid Bass in the kick panels ***UPCOMING BUILD(2 weeks and counting)*** 8 JL Audio 15" W0's in a blow through 2 Kicker 2500.1

the polk audio mm's are a very nice sub and fit in tight spaces I know some one already chimed in about them but they are worth mentioning twice also soundstream makes a shallow sub and they sound great also

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1