Sundown Audio

11 members have voted

1. 1. Sundown is Awesome

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Si

so ive been thinking and designing myself up a 6th order for a single SA-10. *i might have a couple*.

but anyways i have been thinking id like to make a small setup for my daily driver that will wow people when i tell them its a single 10 off 900ish watts. channels 3 and 4 bridged off my 200.4 the goal is to get more people interested in the woofers because of the affordability and how they can perform.

this box's rear chamber is using 2 2" aeroports which will be purchased off Partsexpress. (just ordered hope they get here before i head down to N.C. on the 30th.

so basically its calculated out to the rear chamber being tuned at 30hz and front chamber being tuned at 70hz. never built a 6th order before so im just trying this out on a small scale before i even attempt anything on a larger scale.

single10bp.jpg

this will fit in my cargo area of my 1991 civic hatch with the back seats up :)

thoughts? opinions? suggestions?

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

I wanna see how it will meter vids when finished yes? :drinks:

96 GRAND MARQUIS

2 Kole Kmx 15s

6.0 A.E. box tuned to 42Hz

1/0g power and ground

Huge Duralast batt.

Stock 130a alt

Amplifier - Dual XiA2460(hardcore p.o.s.)

Head Unit- Kenwood KDC-X693

AudioControl Three.1

Audiobahn bass line driver

Teh Big 3 in Kollosus Fleks 1/0

Funny Youtube Shit MATUXAZ

2 weeks ago "In wikipedia i found that this sub in 1997's unofficial private SPLdB drag was burned down the dB meter! The dB was over 300 and the system burned down. Actually, 300dB is only about ¼ of this prototype sound level."

I don't know anything about guns... so when I saw the title I thought, "I wonder what kind of woofer the AR-15 is?"

*laughs*

Twisted, I would stay away from that guy, the next video he uploads could be you tied up in his living room while being forced to watch him "swag and cook" in person, lol.

:shrug::popcorn:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

not too worried about metering. i would just like it to sound great and loud. meter really doesnt do daily setups justice

very true ... just my suggestion ... :drink40:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

just ordered hope they get here before i head down to N.C. on the 30th.

Hey if you are going to be in Nc 1/30 then you should stop by our Streetspl Show!!!

StreetSpl 1x Event

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

not too worried about metering. i would just like it to sound great and loud. meter really doesnt do daily setups justice

very true ... just my suggestion ... :drink40:

thats loser talk !

haha

lets see this build !!

so its in and playing. it sounds amazing through every note. it plays a wide range but im sure its not gonna put up huge numbers which i wasnt goin for anyways. i just know this car needs deadener BAD. so im happy with the way it sounds for a single 10 thats pretty cheap.

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

needless to say it plays bigpimpns C&S music but u cant really hear it haha. its so low. after a bit of it i gotta turn it down cuz it makes the subs start to smell a tad. keep in mind this is a single sa 10 off a 1500d at 1 ohm. it takes it like a CHAMP!

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png