Sundown Audio

Help wiring 4 channel for 2 subs.

I have a pioneer 4-channel amp. It has a 2-4 channel switchable. The subs are in a box wired individually. I have my rca's running from the sub preout of my alpine deck to the amp...where do I plug them in? Channel A or B? The speaker wires are already wired in bridge mode according to the diagram on the amp. I have tried all different combos for the RCA's and my 6x9's are louder than these subs. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the amp I have.

http://reviews.cnet.com/car-amplifie...-30233358.html

I read that the amp is capable of 1 ohm. Now can you wire the subs into 2 ohm and bridge both channels of the amp (two individual speakers wires)?

4 channels and 2 subwoofers are pointless if you want to use all 4 channels. yes you can wire it to only 2 channels but you cannot run 2 4 ohm speakers in parallel, bridged to the amp. if you do not have access to a digital multimeter then you cant really even do anything correctly with your set up. and a quick search reveals a man who states that the amp cant sustain a 2 ohm mono load, which is a "1 ohm" load that you're stating most likely.

I have been using google all day, lol. They are SVC 4 ohm.

The amp is a Pioneer GMX-334.

The subs are Pioneer W1201's.

Thanks for the help.

i just had to try that picture out hahah. you should sell that amp and buy a monoblock i have no experience with 4 channels sorry

mJzD9.png

The guy I got the system from says he had it bridged and sounded pretty good. I just can't get it to sound any louder than my 6x9s. So let's say I have it switched to 2 channel, have the subs bridged (amp has diagram for the speaker wires for bridged) Where do I plug the RCA's into? Channel A or B? Or something different?

I have been using google all day, lol. They are SVC 4 ohm.

The amp is a Pioneer GMX-334.

The subs are Pioneer W1201's.

Thanks for the help.

i just had to try that picture out hahah. you should sell that amp and buy a monoblock i have no experience with 4 channels sorry

The amp is just temporary it came with the subs and that's what the guy was using to power them. If I can get the subs to sound good, I will be purchasing the correct amp for this setup and use the 4 channel for the door speakers. I just wanted to make sure I am wiring it correctly.

The guy I got the system from says he had it bridged and sounded pretty good. I just can't get it to sound any louder than my 6x9s. So let's say I have it switched to 2 channel, have the subs bridged (amp has diagram for the speaker wires for bridged) Where do I plug the RCA's into? Channel A or B? Or something different?

honestly dude, in my honest opinion, 4 channels are strictly for mids and highs speakers. i dont know why people are using them for subwoofers since they can only work under very strict guidelines. keep that amp and use it for your door speakers or something and pick up a cheap audiopipe monoblock or something.