Second Skin Audio

Enclosure Finishing/Painting

What do you guys do to prep your boxes for primer and paint? I'm wanting to finish my box with SEM Med. Beige Color Coat to match my interior but i dont want the MDF to soak up all the paint/primer.

Edited by 99xtremedime

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

smooth side of mdf wont soak up paint. its the cut edges that will. just put some sort of sealer over em, bondo, resin, wood putty, something to fill it in then just prime, and paint.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Ahh ok, thanks!

**All edges of the box will be rounded over, will that need to be sealed as well?

Edited by 99xtremedime

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

yes. they will be harder though to seal (experience). I have yet to find a fast effective way to do it. My best guess is resin the curved edges.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

smooth side of mdf wont soak up paint. its the cut edges that will. just put some sort of sealer over em, bondo, resin, wood putty, something to fill it in then just prime, and paint.

i found this out the hard way -.-, i had no problems just taking a rattle can of black paint and doing 2 coats, same thing with the port but white

CIMG0335.jpg

i did touchups to that btw that was a test fit :P

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

i found this out the hard way -.-, i had no problems just taking a rattle can of black paint and doing 2 coats, same thing with the port but white

CIMG0335.jpg

i did touchups to that btw that was a test fit tongue.gif

whats the size of that box?

I have used wall paint(like for sheet rock) without primer on MDF and it doesn't seem to soak any of it up and I used a roll on. (I used it on a desk for my room made of MDF.)

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/