why do people hate on optima yellow tops

You can be a redneck like some and claim to of seen real batteries gone bad...

but the truth is, optima is oldschool, back in the day, sure Optima was the shit! previously from that, no one is really running battery banks full of optima anything like " tiny e rection" claims. After all he is a redneck in bumbfucked Mississippi <_<

Its not that Optima batteries suck and is the reason why people dont like them, its more so that the price of their batteries is outrageous for what you get.

You can easily buy a XS Power or Kinetik in the same price range of the Optima and not only have a stronger battery, but also smaller

hmm so what would be in the 200 price range that would be stronger then a optima? for under the hood? just wondering and learning :drinks: since i bought a yellow top over the summer :peepwall:

XS S1200

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

hmm...dont care about the price if the battery is good....

my rated amp.hours are 75AH

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

but the truth is, optima is oldschool, back in the day, sure Optima was the shit! previously from that, no one is really running battery banks full of optima anything like " tiny e rection" claims. After all he is a redneck in bumbfucked Mississippi <_<

Its not that Optima batteries suck and is the reason why people dont like them, its more so that the price of their batteries is outrageous for what you get.

You can easily buy a XS Power or Kinetik in the same price range of the Optima and not only have a stronger battery, but also smaller

hmm so what would be in the 200 price range that would be stronger then a optima? for under the hood? just wondering and learning :drinks: since i bought a yellow top over the summer :peepwall:

XS S1200

thank you sir ill be looking into it soon enough :drinks:

no battery banks full of optimas? how long you been around?

lets see, the year is 2006, kinetik is already on the market, as well as xs power. there were tons of vehicles at finals that year with optima battery banks. ever heard of scottie johnson for example?

as for your insults, you have no reason be saying any of that shit. i notice you say mississippi. maybe you think im johnathan price or something.... he is from mississippi, not me.

and what does scottie johnson run now 8)

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

well I've had experience with xs,kinetik, and yellow top. The kinetik i have how hc2000 is starting to swell up, had the yellow top before the xs and when i swapped the yellow top for the d3400 (yt was a 34/78) definitely can tell a difference.

If your battery swells you are over charging it, if it hisses its being overcharged.

I run two Optima batteries. Now complaints here of all the guys in my car club we have owned about 20 plus optima batteries and not had problems. HAd more problems with kinetics going bad than optima batteries.

My Build

Fi BTL 12 Fully Loaded

Optima Batteries

DB Drive amps,and mid/hi's

Pioneer Head unit

Just a question, my starting batt is under my backseat...I think you need a batt made for that, if so, do any of these companies even provide batteries for this?

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

so i found no dealer for XS batteries....

...so i am sticking to my curent car battery....til i get my new amp...

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

theres a bunch of xs dealers on the forum... if you cant find one on here, thats like walking outside and not being able to find the ground...

everyone and their damn cousin is a xs dealer lol

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Archived