why do people hate on optima yellow tops

The biggest problem with Optima is that people don't use them properly. Red Top for under the hood as a starting battery. Yellow Top for high drain, massive discharge/charge cycle batteries...these need to be isolated from each other. They are not interchangeable and don't work well together. Blue Top for DEEP cycle, like marine, where they are being discharged completely, then recharged later. This is why I'm not a fan of them. They each serve their purpose, and are very good at THAT purpose, but mixing them makes for difficulties and failure. For audio applications there are better batteries to use that will serve multiple purposes, like starting and high duty cycle.

You answered the question lingering in my head. It didn't make sense to me to have a cranking and deep cycle battery wired to together charging them, but the can't be both pulled on the same.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

unfortunately, isolators are hard to find anymore, and when you do find them it's just a really big diode pack that uses about 3 amps per side. they also create about 4-ohms resistance per side. But if you are running different types of batteries you NEED to use one.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

hmm...thanks guys...

i just had for christmass the new Chevy Cruze 2.0Diesel so i thought which battery are good to upgrade next for my car...

i got the car v with the factory alternator which is rated at 220amps

so the reason WHY i wanna upgrade is because i am putting a better audio system in my car

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

You can be a redneck like some and claim to of seen real batteries gone bad...

but the truth is, optima is oldschool, back in the day, sure Optima was the shit! previously from that, no one is really running battery banks full of optima anything like " tiny e rection" claims. After all he is a redneck in bumbfucked Mississippi <_<

Its not that Optima batteries suck and is the reason why people dont like them, its more so that the price of their batteries is outrageous for what you get.

You can easily buy a XS Power or Kinetik in the same price range of the Optima and not only have a stronger battery, but also smaller

yeah, you re right, but i am in europe so finding good car bateries is quiet difficult

so in my country there is optimas, powermaster and kinetic...

so....optimas arre no good for the price...

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

There are many distributors of quality products in other countries.

I guess it be up to you finding a good place to buy from.

Im pretty sure BTLD is a EU dealer of XS Power, Ascendant Audio/FI http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/10337-bitld/

Id try talking to him about getting good batteries before using Optima as your battery choice.

Im not sure on Europe pricing but in the USA you can get a much stronger/smaller battery for the same price of a yellow top. That reason alone would be the best reason not to use optima.

Its like paying $500 for a sony sub, when you can buy a Fi BTL for the some price and have a better sub.

but the truth is, optima is oldschool, back in the day, sure Optima was the shit! previously from that, no one is really running battery banks full of optima anything like " tiny e rection" claims. After all he is a redneck in bumbfucked Mississippi <_<

Its not that Optima batteries suck and is the reason why people dont like them, its more so that the price of their batteries is outrageous for what you get.

You can easily buy a XS Power or Kinetik in the same price range of the Optima and not only have a stronger battery, but also smaller

hmm so what would be in the 200 price range that would be stronger then a optima? for under the hood? just wondering and learning :drinks: since i bought a yellow top over the summer :peepwall:

no battery banks full of optimas? how long you been around?

lets see, the year is 2006, kinetik is already on the market, as well as xs power. there were tons of vehicles at finals that year with optima battery banks. ever heard of scottie johnson for example?

as for your insults, you have no reason be saying any of that shit. i notice you say mississippi. maybe you think im johnathan price or something.... he is from mississippi, not me.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Archived