why do people hate on optima yellow tops

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a lot of people i have talked to on forums say to stay away from optima yellow tops, why?

i guess because they have been in alot of world champion cars over the years. thats all i can think of.... of the people who hate on optima though, ive done more with optima than most of them will ever do with their precious xs power batts and kinetik batts.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

yeah i know they are a tad expensive but i thought it was a performance issue everybody was having with them

all these kids these days are so hung up on all the bandwagon stuff ya know. i love optima stuff. i know that if im doing a show and i have a batt kick the bucket on me, i can just find an autozone and get an exact replacement. try that with kinetik or xs power. not trying to say that those arent good batts, because they are excellent batts.

Owner of BigAss Ports

yeah i know they are a tad expensive but i thought it was a performance issue everybody was having with them

all these kids these days are so hung up on all the bandwagon stuff ya know. i love optima stuff. i know that if im doing a show and i have a batt kick the bucket on me, i can just find an autozone and get an exact replacement. try that with kinetik or xs power. not trying to say that those arent good batts, because they are excellent batts.

Very good point there, unless your luggin around extra 75lb. batteries youd be fucked, but you could just go to an autoparts store.

96 GRAND MARQUIS

2 Kole Kmx 15s

6.0 A.E. box tuned to 42Hz

1/0g power and ground

Huge Duralast batt.

Stock 130a alt

Amplifier - Dual XiA2460(hardcore p.o.s.)

Head Unit- Kenwood KDC-X693

AudioControl Three.1

Audiobahn bass line driver

Teh Big 3 in Kollosus Fleks 1/0

Funny Youtube Shit MATUXAZ

2 weeks ago "In wikipedia i found that this sub in 1997's unofficial private SPLdB drag was burned down the dB meter! The dB was over 300 and the system burned down. Actually, 300dB is only about ¼ of this prototype sound level."

I don't know anything about guns... so when I saw the title I thought, "I wonder what kind of woofer the AR-15 is?"

*laughs*

Twisted, I would stay away from that guy, the next video he uploads could be you tied up in his living room while being forced to watch him "swag and cook" in person, lol.

reason i dont like optimas is i had one go bad on me fairly quickly. it ended up at 6v and killed my main battery. Right now i have a GNB

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

reason i dont like optimas is i had one go bad on me fairly quickly. it ended up at 6v and killed my main battery. Right not i have a GNB

you can get a lemon with any manufacturer........... ive seen xspower go bad, ive seen x-static go bad, and ive seen a fuck ton of kinetik go bad.....

Owner of BigAss Ports

i ran a yella top in my first dakota about 5-6 years ago...it worked great for me...i recently lent it to a friend and its working great for him and that battery is 6 years old and STILL running strong.

there not a bad battery but XS and Kinetik i got better performance out of

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

This is the first time i have heard anything bad about yellow tops to he honest. :clapping:

i have heard plenty about 'em, but ive never seen it. i have an optima red top that is 8 years old. my friend had it in his car for 3 years, and would run it down flat ass dead at car shows every week because he would leave his car switched on all day playing movies. i used it in my car for 5 years, everyday pulling the voltage down to 10 and sometime lower, and it was fine. it sat dead under my driveway for 2 years. i have been cycling it the last week. when i started it was at 0.4 volts, not it holds 12.5 volts.

Owner of BigAss Ports

Archived