why do people hate on optima yellow tops

they hate on them because they want to believe what they have is better than an already good battery, when in turn they all still sit around 12.6 volts and start up your car. lol

haha but for cereal. theres nothing wrong with a yellow top, hell, i got a kinetic hc600 and as soon as it got to me it had a dead or shorted cell. doesnt mean kinetic's are shitty batteries though. its just on what you want and what you trust i guess.

You are wrong... XS has been proven time and again to hold a higher charge, and put up a better score... Fact...

At least your opinion is from experience Ryan and not just personally hating optima with no personal experience with them

You wont see me hate on something if I have no experience with it...

yeah i know this to an extent. but i just meant the beginning statement of mine mainly as a joke lol

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there not a bad battery but XS and Kinetik i got better performance out of

"better performance" is an awfully bold statement isnt it? maybe you got more capacity and a faster discharge, but i dont know if id go as far as to say better performance.

wouldnt getting more capacity, and faster discharge be better performance? ....

I would think so....

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

it's not a hate thing....yellow tops are NOT STARTING BATTERIES!!!! you need a red top for that. the yellow top is for accessories

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

there not a bad battery but XS and Kinetik i got better performance out of

"better performance" is an awfully bold statement isnt it? maybe you got more capacity and a faster discharge, but i dont know if id go as far as to say better performance.

wouldnt getting more capacity, and faster discharge be better performance? ....

I would think so....

i would call it more performance instead of better performance. the yellow top does what its rated to do, and it does it well.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

God Damn where are the listed for $329 for optima yellow tops..... They are only 189 plus tax here

This is where I got my info. I have not checked local stores for prices.

Optima Yellow Top group 31 $329.99

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Optima-Battery-Battery/_/N-acy27Z1z13pyx?counter=15&itemIdentifier=428079_0_0_

I dont know about the Yellow's, but I have 2 Red Tops in my car, stock alternator. Never gave me any problems, always started my car, period. I ran Kinetik and got to say Red Top better overall for me. I have run my battery with car off and still starts up. Maybe this coming New Year, I will get me a D2400 under my hood. I'm looking for stiffer voltage, and for sure power upgrade. I do run a lil over 3K RMS daily.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

yeah i know they are a tad expensive but i thought it was a performance issue everybody was having with them

all these kids these days are so hung up on all the bandwagon stuff ya know. i love optima stuff. i know that if im doing a show and i have a batt kick the bucket on me, i can just find an autozone and get an exact replacement. try that with kinetik or xs power. not trying to say that those arent good batts, because they are excellent batts.

Powermaster and Odyssey batteries are superior in every aspect......there is no bandwagon stuff about it, the numbers and results dont lie.....

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

For some odd reason the Group 31 batteries are stupid expensive. But in my experience, my yellow top has worked fine. Can be ran flat dead and charged and charge again, no matter how many times its been discharged. I truly love the fact that in the warranty period that no matter what happens to that battery, my local autozone will replace it. It's also nice getting a 20% discount on them :)

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

Archived