For the people with 5% tint over the factory tint

shazaam

are the windows completely pitch black from outside? like if you were to look through your back windows to outside your front windshield can you see through it to whatever you can see out your windshield or is it completely blacked out?

2004 Chevy Trailblazer:

Deck: Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT

Mids: 4 Selenium 6W4P's

Highs: 2 AQ Tweeter's + 2 Crescendo Tweeters + 2 Power Acoustik NX-5 Bullet Tweeters

Highs Amp: MB Quart Onyx 4.125

Bass: 2 18" DC Audio XL's <-- Soon to be 8 Sundown SA-12's

Box: 13.37 Cu Ft @ 35 Hz with 3 8" sonotubes

Bass amps: Crescendo BC3500 @ .5 ohms (2nd one coming soon)

325a Singer Alt! 375a at 16+ volts!

2 XS Power D1400's

www.youtube.com/user/phukudmss

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got 20% over the factory tint on my astro and its pretty dam dark so i imagine 5% is dam near non see through. but i can see through the windshield if i look from the rear window forward. it illegal as shit here but i dont give a dam :lol:

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

I had 5% on all of my windows except driver and passenger door and windshield over nothing. Just 5% and then a 5% windshield brow and looking straight on it was almost impossible to see inside.

That was my old car though and the Texas sun. I imagine if you did your trailblazer with 5% all the way around that you would almost be pitch black on everything. 5% on top of stock tint I believe is illegal in almost every state. But correct me if I'm wrong.

Goodluck.

- GBS

1989 E30 325i BMW (New Car)

iPad 64GB 3G (COMING SOON!)

1 12" DC LEVEL 4 w/LEVEL 5 Soft Parts

Ported box - 1.5 Cubes tuned to 33hz

Sound Stream STL1.1200D

4 Gauge Stinger Wire (+ & -)

8 Gauge Amp to Sub Stinger Wire

Tsunami Mini ANL 130 Amp Fuse

AUDIO WRAP SUPPORTER!

gbsxnesig.png

My rear is wrapped in 5% over factory and yea I can see from rear to front but prob cuz there is no tint on my front windshield

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Yea u can't see anything. The only time I can see from the outside is at night but the light has to b on. Even then u could barly see

2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0

a1c59399-4196-4eaa-b853-46c1480ed3ab.jpg

Build Log

UBL My YouTube channel

i used to have 20% over my factory tint but i just did 4% over the factory tint and i can still see through the windshield a little which is why i was asking. not on my front doors though..yet...maybe... lol.

i mean you cant see inside at all from the side but from the back you can see through the windshield and that kinda bothers me lol

2004 Chevy Trailblazer:

Deck: Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT

Mids: 4 Selenium 6W4P's

Highs: 2 AQ Tweeter's + 2 Crescendo Tweeters + 2 Power Acoustik NX-5 Bullet Tweeters

Highs Amp: MB Quart Onyx 4.125

Bass: 2 18" DC Audio XL's <-- Soon to be 8 Sundown SA-12's

Box: 13.37 Cu Ft @ 35 Hz with 3 8" sonotubes

Bass amps: Crescendo BC3500 @ .5 ohms (2nd one coming soon)

325a Singer Alt! 375a at 16+ volts!

2 XS Power D1400's

www.youtube.com/user/phukudmss

Archived