new product - "Distortion Detector"..NEW PICS page 22 Video Update page 26

steve, I know people always say "you should doo........" but I have a good idea. If you made a group buy for everyone in the forums, you could pump out a ton of these, at the same time discount for the pre-sales, that way all the people who support you get a good deal, you get support from us!!! I think if you can manage to push this into stores, you will be making some big bucks, cause no one really has anything like this that is at a good price, the only thing close is a real o-scope. This tool would be so valuable at work so we could set gains correctly! I am so excited, and the unit you showed in the video looks freaking awesome, not only in design, but color wise it looks really neat!!! This was worth the wait, for sure!!! Now how much is this beast?

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Just a quick question after you set ur gains, what did you do with the Frequency did you leave it up or pull it back down, i might have missed it. That vid was very informative and it looks like that would be way less expensive than a O-Scope.

EDIT: i believe i know the answer its just more for any1 that was wondering.

he said after the clip testing, you change them back to what you like.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

steve, I know people always say "you should doo........" but I have a good idea. If you made a group buy for everyone in the forums, you could pump out a ton of these, at the same time discount for the pre-sales, that way all the people who support you get a good deal, you get support from us!!! I think if you can manage to push this into stores, you will be making some big bucks, cause no one really has anything like this that is at a good price, the only thing close is a real o-scope. This tool would be so valuable at work so we could set gains correctly! I am so excited, and the unit you showed in the video looks freaking awesome, not only in design, but color wise it looks really neat!!! This was worth the wait, for sure!!! Now how much is this beast?

Am insanely keen to get one of these as soon as i can, it looks to be an amazingly helpful tool!

Also im liking the above idea for mass making of them and SMD members get them cheaper :woot: :woot:

Honda Accord SirT + Mad sounds = Awesomeness

VTEC go BRAAAAAPPPP :P

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141261-99-accord-sirt-sq-build/

Alright well i never done the big 3 so i see in my vision my truck on fire...

holy shit i was just talking about this with my guy from the local store so im in need of one of these Steave so please please that me no when this comes out . big fan of you and your work keep up the good work man and cant wait for this device to come out :good::good:

2 12ks and i dont know what to do

build in the works!

I had everything flat and apparantly, i used the "power" eq setting because i forgot to check it......but thats ok because thats how i would normally have it anyway. Just like if you have a bass knob, you would want to put it around 3/4 of the way if not all the way up before you set the gains. You dont necessarily want to set it up TOO FAR away from where you know you will have your settings because you would be tossing all of it out the window if you cranked up the EQ's after you set it in a totally flat position. If you know you are pre-disposed to using the "loud" button on the deck (which i didnt here) you might want to put it on that and THEN set the gain. This way you can still have your extra power but still know where its clipping. It might clip at 55 instead of 59 but at least you would know that if you set it up from the beginning. :pardon:

the CD also has 0db, -5 and -10 db tracks......so you can set it totally flat and use a gain overlap to make up for where your other settings might be, but i dont think it would be as accurate.

So I would leave the EQ set the way I like it on my deck before checking my clipping? Also you said turn the frequencies all the way up when setting the gain and then after Im done I could put the frequencies where I like them. That wouldnt change the clipping that I just checked with them all the way up?

It's great to see how simple it is. Sure, o-scopes aren't hard to read if you have any knowlege at all, but for lots of people, this cuts out any error in reading. Simple as light on / light off.

Great work.

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

I have done it like instructed on most sites but I have thought shouldn't EQ settings should be all the way up before setting gains, find where things clip then set gains. After that lower the bands that are to harsh. I'm noob so thats why I take these guys advice.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg