new product - "Distortion Detector"..NEW PICS page 22 Video Update page 26

so at the bottom why does it say "D'Amore Engine Ring"

is that the name of this or was that a typo or something? lol just curious it caught my attention

Edited by IH8PunkRok

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I tried to wait but I kept thinking about it. So I forgot about it (took me a while) then I see all this lol and its all I can think about again

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

So that's why you sent him that bottle of Patron... You clever devil. <_<

LOL

Nah, I did that because he is always giving to the community with this site, sponsering SOTM when there is no sponsers, and he helped me out back in the day with a new bass knob for my rf t10001bd's when I didnt have the knob.

So I figured Id send him something in return since it dont appear to happen much (tho I could be completely wrong).

PS: Im not selected to be a beta tester, it just sounded good :D

so at the bottom why does it say "D'Amore Engine Ring"

is that the name of this or was that a typo or something? lol just curious it caught my attention

It's supposed to be D'Amore Engine2ring. As in e squared. It's hard to see the little "2". I need to make it larger.

Edited by TonyD'Amore

Is there a voltage or amperage limit on this thingie? Also, are the gains suppose to be set with the speakers hooked up? Thanks. Looking good. :yahoo:

Voltage limit is 125 VACrms, 176VACpeak. This equates to a 15,000 watt RMS amplifier at 1 ohm, or 7,500 watts at 2 ohm ect. This, I believe will cover everything on the mobile and home audio market.

I recommend setting the gains without the speakers being connected, just to save your speakers from having to deal with a continuous sine wave at full power. My testing has shown that with the speakers disconnected you end up with about 1 - 3 more dB of overlap. The exception to this would be if the amplifier has a regulated power supply, then it wouldn't matter either way.

I just did two cars with it last night. Set the fronts at 10dB overlap and rears at 5dB overlap without the speakers connected. They both came out perfect. Neither car has subs yet, but when they do I'd set the sub with 15dB overlap.

Tony D'Amore

D'Amore Engineering

Edited by TonyD'Amore