new product - "Distortion Detector"..NEW PICS page 22 Video Update page 26

"Distortion will occur BEFORE clipping will"

The golden sentence...if it is true. That was my problem. I was not sure if distortion came before clipping. OBVIOUSLY "I" will not keep turning the gain while the distortion is pumping through just to find clipping. No need to get angry over how someone shoulnd't listen to "dirty" sound.

I will use MY MONEY without worry now, thank god you ship to Canada.

Google it

I know it's hard to grasp the concept of distortion if there is no clipping. I will try to get some good pictures from my bench, showing the SMD DD-1 in action. For now, check out this picture of a distorted sine wave vs. a clean sine wave. Your little hand-held scope is not going to tell you about this, it may show it on the screen but unless you have robot eyes you aren't going to know what you are looking at. Hell, you have to look closely at those little LCD displays even to see clipping! Klirrfaktor_3.gif

By the way, the blue is the distorted signal, red is clean.

hey steve i always end up running budget equip and i would like to know just how high i can go on the deck vol and the amp gain so ill be def getting one cause as a regular basis i have always just set at 2/3 gain and half bass boost and i really want to know how far off i am

When using this to tune a sub amp, what 40hz tone do you want to use? Idk if you are supposed to use the 0db, -5db, or -15db?

im sure it will come with a CD that has the freqs on it, that you need to test with, so no need to worry about downloading them...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

It also has instruction manual to inform you how to use it, so I'm sure they'll tell you which to use.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

When using this to tune a sub amp, what 40hz tone do you want to use? Idk if you are supposed to use the 0db, -5db, or -15db?

it all deals with the amount of gain overlap you want to have. Although the higher overlap, the usual more distortion you have as a consequence but gain DB.

here is what im trying to say:

gainoverlap.jpg

2 Sundown Audio SA-10s

Box built by Speed of Sound

Kicker 1500.1

Infinity Ref 475a

Rockford Fosgate T1682c 6x8s

Pioneer Premier DEH-510UB

XS Power D6500

Stock 130amp Alt

Big 3

Build Log