new product - "Distortion Detector"..NEW PICS page 22 Video Update page 26

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK... Sooooo... I got my meter in, unboxed it and went to work testing this thing... I made a quick vid but realized that Steve's address and phone # where on the box so I will make a new vid without that info hopefully today.

Regardless... I put it to work in a few cars.

First up, I read the owners manual (I suggest this as it does clear up a few questions I have heard on this forum)

Next I followed the instructions, found the output of her radio, then RE-TUNED her amplifier. I MUST say... the SMD DD1 performed very nicely. Her truck sounds amazing right now. I wanted to see what results if any would be reflected on the termlab so I popped it in the s10 for some comparisons (did some spl testing before retuning with the SMD DD1) The results surprised me. Her truck picked up .5dB!!! .5!!! Let me explain what that means... though you or I cannot HEAR the difference in .5dB... at the last show she would have gotten first place with that extra .5dB (she actually only lost by .2dB).

Next up... Mike's Avalanche... spl testing done before setting up with the SMD DD1.

Then max output of the radio along with a RETUNE of the amplifiers (mids/highs and sub amp) and gave it a quick listen then tested for spl... .6dB difference!!!!!! Not to mention his mids/highs are extremely loud at this point and sound absolutely amazing!

Then I retuned my soundboard making it sing even sweeter now...

I also retuned a couple of other simple setups and saw a few gains in spl (.3dB, .2dB, .3dB) but the biggest thing is how fast and easy it is to tune with the SMD DD1.

Great product and I hope to get a few vids up with some testing... we will be using the SMD DD1 to RETUNE the Boswell's DDBEAST, can't wait to see what happens... :)

Thanks again Steve.

Damn that means I would have gotten 2nd. This alone has me sold on one. When I get paid on the 15th I will be ordering it. Great Test Ric!

Edited by crazyeight

I have a hypothetical question.

If my mids are 75w RMS and I have a (150 x 4) 4-Channel

With the DD-1 sure i'll set the amp up at it's max undistorted/unclipped gain but wont that defeat the purpose by overpowering my mids.

Are we going to have to rely on the DMM and some math to get the job done AFTER using the DD-1?

Not sure why no one has asked about this... maybe I missed it.

Currently:

* Hybrid Audio Legathia 3-Way Active Front Stage

* (2) Morel Ultimo 12's

* (2) Arc Audio 1100.1 XDi v2 (Strapped @1ohm)

* (1) Arc Audio 1200.6

* RF 360.3 DSP

Hey Steve Il get one of these from you when the beat is back in my truck for sure, looks nifty!

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

West Sacramento, California

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Vehicle build log (2) 'Snow White' Daily/showstopper 2004 Chevy Silverado

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

ENTIRE truck is fully pin striped by TJ Pagano here in Sacramento.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am proof" - Numatik

so if ppl want to pre order it, how will they do it since the pre order thread is locked

x2?

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

I have a hypothetical question.

If my mids are 75w RMS and I have a (150 x 4) 4-Channel

With the DD-1 sure i'll set the amp up at it's max undistorted/unclipped gain but wont that defeat the purpose by overpowering my mids.

Are we going to have to rely on the DMM and some math to get the job done AFTER using the DD-1?

Not sure why no one has asked about this... maybe I missed it.

well.. come on now..

If you have an amp that is double rms of your speakers... then........ uhhhhh..... duh?

Would you be happy if the thing installed your amp for you??

Maybe if it waxed your car?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz