new product - "Distortion Detector"..NEW PICS page 22 Video Update page 26

You just send money and pm me AFTERWARDS..

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

The thread has been unlocked, only post there if you want to pre order or have q's about the payment process... keep all discussion in regards to the products performance or comparisons in this thread....failure to do so will result in vacations

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

i dunno, that waxing of the car sounds like a good idea! just saying! :drinks:

I would get another one for my 61' Deville in a second... Waxing that thing sucks! :drink40:

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Steve the only question I have about this item is;

What is the voltage swing?

My scope is +- 100 volts ac or DC. So in my opinion my scope is no good for an amp over 2,500 watts RMS.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

The thread has been unlocked, only post there if you want to pre order or have q's about the payment process... keep all discussion in regards to the products performance or comparisons in this thread....failure to do so will result in vacations

Sorry I didn't read this far.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Where is the pre-order thread I can't find the dam thing??

2007 Scion Tc- T1500.1bdcp & t600.4, Three P3D212's Ported at 40hz, T2 6.5" Components, Rockford Marine 8" coax's. Kinetik khc1400 in back, Kicker 0 gauge

1999 Cherokee- Rockford Prime Amps 300.4 & 500.1,Big 3, Rockford 6.5"Comp.s and 6.5" 2ways, 2 12" P2's Ported basic winter beater

2002 Mustang Convt.-T1500.1bd & 400.4, 3 P3D210's IB, JBL components all the way around,Rockford 4 gauge, Big 3, Kinetik khc800 in back

a little more info for you guys...

We all know that when you clip your system it adds "dirty power" so I wanted to see what kind of dirty power Gary had before setup with the SMD dd1. The results are surprising. :)

BEFORE TUNING WITH SMD dd1

ACv- 62.09

amp- 39.14

2430.2026 watts SPL score 150.8dB

AFTER TUNING WITH SMD dd1

ACv- 56.14

amp- 34.07

1912.6898 watts SPL score 150.9dB (after playing music for over 45 minutes straight with the truck off!!!)

edit: in other words... 517.5128 watts where "dirty" or distorted power and it didn't help the score at all. and FYI I have seen a few people (one re re on youtube said this too) say that "i've tuned by ear this tool is useless you can hear distortion"... I have been doing car audio for 16+ years. I have built countless SPL and SQ setups not to mention everyday bangers... I can tell you this... This is the fastest and easiest way to set up tuning, and I thought I got the cars pretty close by ear (judges comments on my competitors setups confirmed that) but this takes the cake so to speak. Gary's truck sounded fantastic before, and anyone who has heard it would agree... like i said in the vid though.. it sounds BETTER now.

if you don't add this to your toolbox as an installer of audio both home and auto... then you are insane. bottom line.

Edited by PULSE CAR AUDIO