new product - "Distortion Detector"..NEW PICS page 22 Video Update page 26

I have only one question about this tool now. Let's say I'm running 4 way active and I'm about to tune my midbass amp. I want to play a 150Hz tone to test it, would this tone work with the unit at all, or is it only made for 40Hz and 1000Hz?

Turn off crossovers until after you've set the amp with the tool.

actually you set your crossover before you set the amp.

you need to set ANYTHING in front of the amp first.

its the same thing bro, turn the gain all the way down, frequency setting all the way up, play 40hz, then after you find your distortion level and set the gain, reset your frequencies to where you want them. Then go set the amp.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since he said active I assumed he meant the crossovers on the amps themselves. I'll let the experts answer the questions from now on lol.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

Yes, i have....with our original prototype (that ate batteries for lunch every 3 minutes.....LITERALLY). I didnt get all of it done because of that. I will re-do it with one of the newer units soon. The new units have a much more efficient power supply in them and it shouldnt be a problem anymore.

I was wondering about this. My o-scope goes through batteries fast as well. Whats the average battery life on the new units? Or have they been tested long enough to get an average?

I am not trying to compare my o-scope to the DD-1. I will be purchasing one for my toolbox for sure. I was just wondering what the battery life is like on the new units?

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

i have a question you can hook up the red RCA into the top right to find out when the headunit clips

I'm sure you use a two female to one male RCA y connecter to make one lead from the two then plug into the SMD DD-1. watch the beta test video from Pulse on youtube

i was just stating imo in no way am i a stalker or any retarded shit like that and no i didnt take time to read the whole 39 pages I just get on here for a few min at a time because i got stuff to do i was just saying that i look up to the guy because he had the first major system i saw and he know he shit i have learned alot watching his videos i just think it cool that he was one of the first on youtube to do that shit i also look up to exo because of his knowledge

2x Mtx JH551204(soon to be 4)

2x Hifonics hfi12d4s

1xMTX Terminator 250.1

custom built box tuned to 35 hz

Dual xdvd710 head unit (soon to be a double din)

1999 Pontiac Montana (minivan pimpin)

i see a lot of people giving steve tons and tons of props for this unit. while i agree and give him props as well, i equally give tony d'amore props all the same. i'm sure he had a huge part in this product too

Thanks man, my boy Juan Rodriguez and I have some time invested in it for sure. :)

i was just stating imo in no way am i a stalker or any retarded shit like that and no i didnt take time to read the whole 39 pages I just get on here for a few min at a time because i got stuff to do i was just saying that i look up to the guy because he had the first major system i saw and he know he shit i have learned alot watching his videos i just think it cool that he was one of the first on youtube to do that shit i also look up to exo because of his knowledge

I'm sorry man i didn't mean for it to go all crazy like that i was just poking fun a bit but it was uncalled for no harm ment man you good we all know you we just speaking from the heart and you just a stoked like the rest of us to have this coming out