Test Tones and Tuning Tutorial - All New Links, Again!

Alright, it's been a while since I've added to this thread, it was probably like 20 pages back in this section before I just added this. Anyway, we all know that setting filters is a vital part of retaining quality in your system. If you set your filters properly each different driver will blend in with the next and they will work in harmony. If you want to know how to properly set your filters, just let me know and I'll do a writeup on it.

All tones are recorded at -4.2dB and they are:

125Hz - 160Hz - 200Hz - 250Hz - 315Hz - 400Hz - 500Hz - 630Hz - 800Hz

1000Hz - 1250Hz - 1600Hz - 2000Hz - 2500Hz - 3150Hz - 4000Hz - 5000Hz - 6300Hz - 8000Hz

10000Hz - 12500Hz - 16000Hz - 20000Hz

Download Here

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sine Waves have all been redone. They now have a 3 second fade-in. I have also uploaded them in 10 separate zips averaging 10 tracks per zip. Enjoy.

I will soon be re-upload the new test tones with the new longer fade-in. Those will be 40Hz, 150Hz, 1000Hz, and 5000Hz again. They will also be the same amplitudes, 0, -2.4, ans -4.2 just as before. The only difference will be the longer fade-in and they will be available in separate zips.

Edit: typo

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Sine Waves have all been redone. They now have a 3 second fade-in. I have also uploaded them in 10 separate zips averaging 10 tracks per zip. Enjoy.

I will soon be re-upload the new test tones with the new longer fade-in. Those will be 40Hz, 150Hz, 1000Hz, and 5000Hz again. They will also be the same amplitudes, 0, -2.4, ans -4.2 just as before. The only difference will be the longer fade-in and they will be available in separate zips.

Edit: typo

what is the difference from using 45hz 0,-2.4,-4.2 what will give the best results.my box is tuned to 33hz.

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6

dB's are a measure of a wave's amplitude. A sine wave at 0dB takes up the whole scale. Any sine waves with a negative value are that much smaller than the maximum clean wave.

Using a sine wave with less than full amplitude to tune your system will yield in more amplifier output. Most people argue that since music is dynamic and not made out of 0dB sine waves that it is safe to tune an amplifier with such tones. That is why the smallest tone I offer is -4.2dB.

When it comes to tuning your system you should always use a 0dB tone to set your head unit volume, EQ, Epicenters, etc... but you may use whatever desired tone for the amp. If you were to use a sine wave of -3dB to set your head unit, then used the -3dB tone to set your amplifier it would be tuned as if you used a -6dB tone on the amp. However, now since you had tuned your head unit with a lower amplitude, your head unit will have a higher maximum volume. At that volume the head unit could actually be clipping a bit. If you begin to clip your subs even turning down your bass knob won't stop the clipping, only turning down the head unit will. That is something that can be avoided simply by tuning anything that is a pre-amplifier device with a 0dB tone.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

i need to get a oscope soon so i can be more accurate.

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6

nice job

:drinks:

one question though, why are you calling "tones" and "sine waves" two separate things when they are the same?

To be honest... I don't know. I know they are the same thing, it's just that when talking about them I always refer to sine waves for setting filters and gains as 'tones' and everything else is just a sine wave to me.

i need to get a oscope soon so i can be more accurate.

Do it to it man. You can pick up a brand new Velleman HPS10 for fairly cheap and it's always a good investment, because after you learn how to use it properly you can start charging people to set their gains with it and make your money back.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

To be honest... I don't know. I know they are the same thing, it's just that when talking about them I always refer to sine waves for setting filters and gains as 'tones' and everything else is just a sine wave to me.

well heres the thing... a sine wave is a type of tone

you can have triangle tones, sawtooth tones, square tones... etc

im lazy so im glad you took the time to do this

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived