Test Tones and Tuning Tutorial - All New Links, Again!

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for tuning your amplifier gain, I believe 40hz is the "industry standard" when testing bass amplifiers. but using multiple frequencies to measure distortion would be a safer method, because what could be a clean setting at 40hz might be distorted at 30...

but I only use the 40hz tracks on the DD-1 for mine.

ok thanks, I'm waiting for the DD1 to be in stock then I'm gonna use that but until then I guess the DMM way and by ear.

another question for tuning just the head unit without an external mid amp do I just turn my head unit up until it sound like crap then back it off and that's my max volume I can use?

no. you need a way to measure distortion to know where your HU distorts, just like any other equipment.

I'm getting a dd1 once there in stock, how would I just test the HU? Like where would I put the pronges?

the instruction manual that comes with it tells you everything you need to know to test for distortion :) from HU or amplifiers

Ok thanks, one,more thing when I'm using a RTA do i go by the Peak or RMS?

8 hours ago, BONES said:

Ok thanks, one,more thing when I'm using a RTA do i go by the Peak or RMS?

Lost in the question. What does peak or rms,  or power have to do with running pink noise, and lookin at your playable band?? What do you wanna do?

Archived