Sonic Electronix

finally found some specs and now im confused

isnt it really bad on the amp to have 2 subs wired to 2 ohm and the other 1 to 4 ohm on the same amp?

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

It shouldn't hurt it, both the channels are different amp circuits. You Never ever ever ever mix and match subs. This has been said many a time before, but I won't complain about having to say it again. Sell all three subs and get a really nice sub that has a ohm load that you can bridge the amp with. Or use only the 2 MTX's.

If you use just the two MTX's, wire them up to 8 ohms (in series, positive on MTX one to amp, negative on MTX one to positive on MTX two, negative on MTX two to amp) and bridge the amp, each sub will be happy with the power it is getting (slightly less than rated, but you won't notice a difference) and you will be all set.

Edited by bassl0va

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

• 9 years later...
On 1/4/2011 at 1:39 AM, HotRodHam said:

actually... i looked everywhere for this amps specs... every site said 1100w max and thats it... ive been looking for a good 5 hours... and now im trying to ask for some help so i dont blow anything i just got, i dont see y u guys cant just gimme an answer, its a yes or no question

Well you didn't look "EVERYWHERE" ... cause had you just typed "ib2900" in your search engine , than you would of found interfires website where it has "ALL" OF THEIR EVERY SINGLE AMP THAT THEY HAVE MADE!  So just go to their website and u will find it that more than likely not only does it have the specs on their but will answer your question and if not they always have a phone number as well that u can call and one of their customer service reps will explain to you in detail and answer any questions you have !! 

1 hour ago, SubNfour15s said:

Well you didn't look "EVERYWHERE" ... cause had you just typed "ib2900" in your search engine , than you would of found interfires website where it has "ALL" OF THEIR EVERY SINGLE AMP THAT THEY HAVE MADE!  So just go to their website and u will find it that more than likely not only does it have the specs on their but will answer your question and if not they always have a phone number as well that u can call and one of their customer service reps will explain to you in detail and answer any questions you have !! 

This post is from 9 years ago

• Haha (+1 Rep) 1