Sonic Electronix

SUBS: Up Firing vs. Rear Firing

that came out clean, i like it

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

that came out clean, i like it

Thanks! This is my first attempt at building a box and actually getting into the detailed specs and tuning. So i am really excited to hear it.

I only tell people 1/3 of what im REALLY doin', just so they can HATE ONLY on that third...

2007 Tahoe

factory system for now :)

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

From what i have seen and done, I have noticed that smaller subs like 12's and 10's sound better firing back versus up and the 15's and 18's facing up because they just beat the back hatch to hell...

Yeah, i thought about that also. Im gonna be using the 13w7's and they have some pretty good excursion!

I ran those for a few years, the problem with them (for me at least) is the thermal limit of the sub and no recone. Anymore then 1200rms and the coils start to cook. I loved the sound of them and won comps with them but the idea of a 600$ plus non reconable sub is kinda a big downfall.

-Angel

-Angel

From what i have seen and done, I have noticed that smaller subs like 12's and 10's sound better firing back versus up and the 15's and 18's facing up because they just beat the back hatch to hell...

Yeah, i thought about that also. Im gonna be using the 13w7's and they have some pretty good excursion!

I ran those for a few years, the problem with them (for me at least) is the thermal limit of the sub and no recone. Anymore then 1200rms and the coils start to cook. I loved the sound of them and won comps with them but the idea of a 600$ plus non reconable sub is kinda a big downfall.

-Angel

I have 2 JL 1000/1's that i've been using since 2005 and havent had any problems. But I don't compete or anything, so they arent really pushed to their max.

I only tell people 1/3 of what im REALLY doin', just so they can HATE ONLY on that third...

2007 Tahoe

factory system for now :)

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

-Angel

I have 2 JL 1000/1's that i've been using since 2005 and havent had any problems. But I don't compete or anything, so they arent really pushed to their max.

Oh ya, with only 1000 each you will be able to slam those all day long.

-Angel

Archived