I'm about to get a lrd 4 link bolt on with canti setup and bolt in step notch but I have no clue how to notch the frame...I have no idea on how to find the center point over the axle to put them in...this is the only thing I'm super worried about...I'm dropping 1600 on the kit but If I can't notch the frame evenly and in the correct spot it will suck...can some1 help me out?

its a little more than eye ballin it. You will need to find the center point and your pinion angle. Try searching around google and what not for pinion angle. Guys that build go fast cars have this same problem. they even sell tools to help you. check out s10forum also there are a lot of guys building frames on there. Its not hard once you finger it out. good luck :good:

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

I would take all of your measurements before the take the stock suspension apart. Then you know you have it in the right spot.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

I'm about to get a lrd 4 link bolt on with canti setup and bolt in step notch but I have no clue how to notch the frame...I have no idea on how to find the center point over the axle to put them in...this is the only thing I'm super worried about...I'm dropping 1600 on the kit but If I can't notch the frame evenly and in the correct spot it will suck...can some1 help me out?

What vehicle?

If it is a bolt on notch, it probally lines up with some existing holes for placement and then you have to drill out the rest of them. That makes it fool proof.

Then the rest of the bolt in 4 link alo use stock hangers and holes for placement. It is pretty easy with the proper tools and plenty of time.

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!

• 2 weeks later...

well I bought the kit and it just showed up at my parents house today I'm going over there and checking it out tommorrow...I found a build log that helped me out on s10 forum..it looks as if it lines up and bolts in where the stock shockmount location is at...then just have to drill some more bolt holes...Ill post some pics when I get it installed along with the 6 link...as for the vehicle its a s10...

Edited by zachhern1