Second Skin Audio

Just bought my new sub

You can't count on rise cause its doesn't stay the same. You have no idea if its going to rise .5 ohms or 5ohms. YOU HAVE NO CLUE, until you clamp.

What about playing below tuning and you get less rise? That can be VERY bad with overpower and then the sub is unloading. Therefore a destroyed sub cause somebody on the internet said it was right.

I'm not saying you can run double the RMS, but you can't go around saying its ok cause of impedance rise. That's a joke.

Edited by Ford302Redneck

Ok let´s see, you have a 1000 watts @ 1 ohm and 14.4 volts for a 500 watts sub, your voltage is dropping to around 12v because you have the stock ALT, you are seeing now 750 watts for example, your 10 hz frequency with a 60 hz tuned box is having a .5 rise as you said, now you have 600 watts, so, you have around 60% of the amp capacity if you are lucky, then, you go with another example, the AQ2200.1, you are only seeing around 1200 watts including impedance rise below tuning frequency and something like 1000 watts on the kind of music you mostly play for a sub with a STIFF as hell suspension and 3" coil wich can take around 1800 real watts without any problems, "it´s a joke" !!

If you prefer to buy a 1200 watts amp for a 1200 watts sub that can take way more than that it´s your problem, but don´t come here and try to say i´m all wrong just because i count on impedance rise BEFORE buying a new amplifier, instead of doing it after when i´m pissed off because my sub is barely moving, but what do i know? i only have 2 loud cars that can bass race over 150 dbs and make demos all day long without damaging anything, i ain´t wasting more time with you, i´ll stop watching this topic so i don´t have to read another respond from you questioning what i´m saying, i ain´t the most knowledged guy but i can asure you, i know some things. :drinks:

Edited by fecupe2001

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Ok let´s see, you have a 1000 watts @ 1 ohm and 14.4 volts for a 500 watts sub, your voltage is dropping to around 12v because you have the stock ALT, you are seeing now 750 watts for example, your 10 hz frequency with a 60 hz tuned box is having a .5 rise as you said, now you have 600 watts, so, you have around 60% of the amp capacity if you are lucky, then, you go with another example, the AQ2200.1, you are only seeing around 1200 watts including impedance rise below tuning frequency and something like 1000 watts on the kind of music you mostly play for a sub with a STIFF as hell suspension and 3" coil wich can take around 1800 real watts without any problems, "it´s a joke" !!

If you prefer to buy a 1200 watts amp for a 1200 watts sub that can take way more than that it´s your problem, but don´t come here and try to say i´m all wrong just because i count on impedance rise BEFORE buying a new amplifier, instead of doing it after when i´m pissed off because my sub is barely moving, but what do i know? i only have 2 loud cars that can bass race over 150 dbs and make demos all day long without damaging anything, i ain´t wasting more time with you, i´ll stop watching this topic so i don´t have to read another respond from you questioning what i´m saying, i ain´t the most knowledged guy but i can asure you, i know some things. :drinks:

Lol. You still can't count on rise.

You can explain whatever you like all day. You can tell people that. You'll get blamed for blowing subs ALL day.

If a person realize how and why they can run more power to a sub without blowing it fine, but they need the experience, not you saying its because of rise.

What kind of amps are around you? Most people around here know the difference between RMS and max power. I have a rockford P1000 - 1bd and I am getting 1000rms out of it. Like wise I have been looking at the AQ 2200 and from there specs and the warm welcome AQ has received why would me or the OP spend more money on a bigger amp that we don't need? Headroom is ok but IMO there isn't a need for more than the AQ2200 puts out and are going to upgrade again a month after getting it.

I will speak for myself and in my wallet I would be happy with the AQ2200 at say $400 for up to 2200 rms than to buy a AQ3500 at $750 just for the headroom.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

I wouldn't know about impedance rise I don't even know what that is lol I'm new I know a lil bit still learning but I appreciate all the help guys still keeping my options open for amps looking into the hifonics 2608d 2008d aq2200 sundown 1500d several options just wana make the right choice

www.wooferwarehouse.com

I wouldn't know about impedance rise I don't even know what that is lol I'm new I know a lil bit still learning but I appreciate all the help guys still keeping my options open for amps looking into the hifonics 2608d 2008d aq2200 sundown 1500d several options just wana make the right choice

There's nothing wrong with Hifonics but there not comparable to AQ or Sundown.

What I was trying to tell the other guy, I just didn't want people reading that, thinking they truly understand impedance rise. Then go buy double the RMS of a sub, and blow it to hell and back. Then whine/cry cause he said so.

People need to understand what's going on more before they can do that... That is all.

Edited by Ford302Redneck

If you get the AQ, just feel out how the sub is acting, and go from there, I love the 2200 though.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/