WALLED! 2 RE MT 18"s! Stetsom 10K! DD door speaker goodness! Massive batteries and vids

Too bad you don't have LT... but what I also think is, that you should do 3way, w6.5 is really a sub in a way, and you should cut it <<500hz, just my 2c

These are the old as ones, so they are good to midrange frequencies. And any [small] gap between them and the tweeters will be filled with the mids from the component set. The new w6.5s are the sub like ones.

Thanks for checking it out though, I'll see how it goes, I'm sure it will work fine.

love this build! keep up the good work

Thanks! hopefully there will be more wall action going on tomorrow, so more pics!

Looking good bro!

Thanks mate!

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Nice build so far, I like the equipment going in. I'm definitely tuned in.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Nice build so far, I like the equipment going in. I'm definitely tuned in.

Cool! Thanks!

Come on! Where da progress? Almost 12 hours and aint nothing new.

This is all I have for now. I made the cardboard template, traced it onto a piece of 3mm MDF, somewhat cut the shape out, then destroyed the tip of my right index finger on a pepsi max can :( (don't try and rip cans in half by hand, it works, but the cans rip you back). Anyway, I couldn't really finish the job I was doing, but I should get the next step done in a day or 2. But otherwise, nothing much happening until next weekend. Unless trying to find a place that will fix a huge patch of rust and doesn't charge twice the cars value counts as something interesting.

So yeah, I'll try and throw some pics up to keep the thread alive for the duration of the week. Nothing in the way of building the wall itself though.

100_5594.jpg

Maybe throw some free air vids of the RE's up? Who wants to see that?

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

I'm up for that. As for the rust, you could just do it yourself, granted you have a grinder, scrap metal, and a welder. And if the rust aint too bad, you could just grind it off.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

I'm up for that. As for the rust, you could just do it yourself, granted you have a grinder, scrap metal, and a welder. And if the rust aint too bad, you could just grind it off.

Nah, nothing here to weld with, well, maybe weld with an amp? lol. I asked the guy at SLAP! (the best shop ever) who is pro at welding if he could do it, he said that he wouldn't be sure if his job would pass the inspection, and that it would be better to find a proper panel beater place. Can't grind this bit off, it requires a whole new plate of metal to be welded in. And it is in a structural point of the car :nea:

Pics for reference?

As for inspection, I'm assuming it's easily seen? If it's not, it shouldnt logically need to pass inspection, as long as it doesnt lead to a catastrophic failure that leads to an accident. Then again, that's here in the states. Dont know the rules for your area.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

Pics for reference?

As for inspection, I'm assuming it's easily seen? If it's not, it shouldnt logically need to pass inspection, as long as it doesnt lead to a catastrophic failure that leads to an accident. Then again, that's here in the states. Dont know the rules for your area.

Pics will have to be tomorrow or so.

Not really, but it is a structural part of the car. The inner sill. It could hold up I guess, but with all the weight that is going to be in the car, you don't really want to put more stress on it. Surprisingly, they passed us on our rusty brake and fuel lines :trippy:

Well, if it's surface rust, more weight is no problem. It becomes a problem when it rusts all the way through. If you can take a wire brush to it to clean it off, and you dont wind up going through the metal, you're fine. Otherwise, it'll need to be fixed.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT

Well, if it's surface rust, more weight is no problem. It becomes a problem when it rusts all the way through. If you can take a wire brush to it to clean it off, and you dont wind up going through the metal, you're fine. Otherwise, it'll need to be fixed.

Trust me, if a dodgy as heck garage that passes rusty brake and fuel lines says it needs to be fixed, it needs to be fixed.

Archived