grounding to rear seatbelt bolt

Wow this is some bad info the best place to ground is at the batt he needs thicker wire the smaller the wire the more resantance it has

I pull 160dbs in my big truck and allways over a 150 in my small civic with it all grounded to the front batt and I charge better that way to

But what do I know I only been doing this for 15 years with state regional and national titles

so stop giving wrong info Baker. . .

But this guy isn't going to be hitting over 150db's with fucking 4ga wire. It's common knowledge, shorter wire or bigger wire equals less resistance. Just becaus Bassick had a best ground to the battery, doesn't mean this guy will. And from my experience, he will get the best ground on the frame close to the amp with only 4ga wire...its not like he's pushing 10k watts here.

mivtCK.png

Seriously? Short power wire is good...maybe won't make a difference on your average budget build, but I still recomend gettin max power anywhere you can. And the shorter the power wire, the less resistance, meaning more power to your amp.

And FYI, the battery isn't a ground itself. The battery has to be grounded to your chassis of your vehicle. So by the time the ground goes through the bolt on the frame, to your connections on your battery, then down a 5ft section of 4ga to your amp, youve got more resistance that just running a 1ft section of 4ga from the amp to the frame.

Well I guess then according to you I should take out my 4 runs of 3/0 power and 4 runs of 3/0 ground wire that run front to back, and the 3 alternators and watch my 154db @ 34hz get quieter. cuz after all, you know it all! when I could just simply use the vehicle as my ground source.

Even tho when I started adding more grounds I noticed my voltage stabilize a great bit, and even noticed a increase of .6ish volts while resting.

back to the op,

i think i read that you are running 4 gauge.

you will be just fine grounding to the seatbelt bolt. if you step up power, maybe over 2k you might have to redo it, but for something small its just gonna cost you more money for something not even noticeable if you buy more wire to ground it to the battery.

Wow this is some bad info the best place to ground is at the batt he needs thicker wire the smaller the wire the more resantance it has

I pull 160dbs in my big truck and allways over a 150 in my small civic with it all grounded to the front batt and I charge better that way to

But what do I know I only been doing this for 15 years with state regional and national titles

so stop giving wrong info Baker. . .

But this guy isn't going to be hitting over 150db's with fucking 4ga wire. It's common knowledge, shorter wire or bigger wire equals less resistance. Just becaus Bassick had a best ground to the battery, doesn't mean this guy will. And from my experience, he will get the best ground on the frame close to the amp with only 4ga wire...its not like he's pushing 10k watts here.

correct, he and many others can have no issues like that, but still i was just suggestion would i thought was the best route.

Seriously? Short power wire is good...maybe won't make a difference on your average budget build, but I still recomend gettin max power anywhere you can. And the shorter the power wire, the less resistance, meaning more power to your amp.

And FYI, the battery isn't a ground itself. The battery has to be grounded to your chassis of your vehicle. So by the time the ground goes through the bolt on the frame, to your connections on your battery, then down a 5ft section of 4ga to your amp, youve got more resistance that just running a 1ft section of 4ga from the amp to the frame.

Well I guess then according to you I should take out my 4 runs of 3/0 power and 4 runs of 3/0 ground wire that run front to back, and the 3 alternators and watch my 154db @ 34hz get quieter. cuz after all, you know it all! when I could just simply use the vehicle as my ground source.

Even tho when I started adding more grounds I noticed my voltage stabilize a great bit, and even noticed a increase of .6ish volts while resting.

are you serious? the op is not running anything to need that much, it is so unnecessary to run a ground all the way the the battery for a small system

i grounded my friends 1200 watt sundown amp to his seat bolt, and he hits in the 50s, if you wanna pull out the numbers game.

my epeen is bigger then your epeen..... :peepwall:

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

I like how everyone says my friend does this my friend does that....

Well shit, Chicken is my friend and he does 160s so lets play that numbers game. ha!

I highly doubt dude is doing 150db (db drag legal on a termlab) with a 1200 wrms amp, let alone be anything with a low peak if he even is.

Damnit people...for you, no. If thats what works for you then keep on doing it. But question, where the fuck do you think your battery gets its ground from? But like I said, if this works for you, then keep on doing it. But for someone running 1, maybe 2 subs on an amp that requires 4ga wire, why would he even waste his money ont he extra wire, when there will be an undetectable difference between the two? And my two batteries in the rear are grounded straight to the frame and then to a buss bar, and this setup has been working great for me.

mivtCK.png

Archived