CES 2011: New Stuff for Kicker (pictures).

My Solo X 12 took 2500 watts for 2 yrs without failing, and sounded as loud as the day i bought it at least to the ear-o-meter.. So i know for a fact it can handle the 2500rms, dont know about more than that but it can do rms. They probably lowered thier ratings to protect them from people throwing that much power to them and not know what they are doing.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

lol

http://www.kicker.com/compvr_aluminized

the old cvr = comp vr aluminized

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

does the X still not come with a warranty?

If you buy your Kicker product from an authorized dealer, all Kicker products have a 1yr Warranty.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)

Is Polecat still around?

Also, IIRC the X10-12 has a different motor than the X18. So that could be why different RMS.

You would be correct.......thats a little problem I have with all mainstream company's they have a different motot/softparts for each size sub in the same lineup, for what an extra 150-300rms power handeling between sizes, that drives up costs since there has to be more R&D for these small changes, where as companys like FI/DC/Sundown/IA/etc.....use the same motor and softparts(for the most part)between the range of subs, and off it for a lower price point, and if you want upgrades you can pay extra to get the extra power handeling

Well think about this. The X10-12 is design for street competition, small car no wall. And the X18 is designed for Walled Vans and such. So I guess that's there reasoning for having two different motors. Actually makes sense.

Interesting. If that's the case then it leads me to the next important question: Since when it has been changed? If it has been changed for the year 2011--all alright. However if it has been like this for some quite time, then I would certainly say that some people who owned the Solo X might feel of being robbed. They could have bought, for example, ZX1500.1 amp instead of ZX2500.1, which could have saved them couple of hundred bucks. If only Polecat will be able to take a few minutes to explain the reason behind the whole. He is very cool guy. :) I miss seeing him in the forum (especially at Sounddomain.com).

-Smurfboy

Be sure to visit Kicker.com for more information. The new L3 does not cost much! Imagine how much cheaper it will be if the new L3 ever land at AudioSavings.com sometime this year (hopefully)!

-Smurfboy

We will have it as soon as they start shipping :drinks:

:)

I have never seen a solo-x anything stand up to its rms numbers in a daily system.

I like it when a company changes motors and soft parts for different sizes. It optimizes the driver for its size. Identical motor and suspension acts much differently different size cones...

The smaller solo x subs don't use a 4" coil becuase the geometry is not feasable. They use a whole different motor becuase they have to!

Kicker was over rated compared to a lot of the brands we favor here on smd. The 1500wrms power rating is like a Sundown Z.v2, it will perform alright with 1500wrms, but it can take up to 2500 watts rms clean power easily. I don't know how much they changed the sub's ability to handle power, if any, but it wasn't a bad move in my opinion. As I said, I have never seen the solo-x susb hold up for any long period of time.

Is was true previously that the solo x susb were sold warranty-less due to the nature of what the sub itself was intended to be used for. Kind of like the new AQ "20KW" amp.

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

Sounds like they had too many coming in under warranty or wanted them to pair up better with their amp lines.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Anyone that had/has blown these subs obviously were pushing them too hard, did not know what they were doing in the first place,or just got a bad cone.

Like i said earlier i ran my 12 X DAILY for 2 Years on a zx2500.1 @ 2ohms and never had a single problem with it. I could hook it up right now and it would still play as loud as the day i bought it, wait i take that back it would only be seeing half power cause it would be running at 2 ohms on my 2500D so it might not be as loud. I beat that sub like a red-headed stepchild. It got stinky once i went looked at the amp turned the bass boost off on the amp and it played fine. Bought a brand new SPAIR blew it for the hell of it and put the original back in, even if though it showed signs of some rub as seen below and is still kicking to this day.

OldCoil.jpg

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)

Archived