Sonic Electronix

Hey im new here but have been snooping all over!Looks like a great site,lots of good info.

Heres my project.I have two kicker cvr's 12 inch.I have a 06 f150 regcab so gotta make a small box,

right now they are in a seal box with only about 1cuft each,im going to build a ported one,common chamber.

56w,24t,14bd,4td.

I was gona put the port on one bottom side,about 12.5 X 2.how deep should the slot length be?

thanks for any comments!

u need double the port area

and the length will be deeper than the depth of the bottom so u need to find another way to port it

thanks for the replies,using the 12volt.com calculator,making the port 12.5 which is total width i can go,

and going 2" high it says about 8" deep would tune to 33htz,is that all wrong?you guys know what your doing

so tell me what you think or make fun of it,lol

ok i found this on some other post,how in the world do you figure port sq inches?lol

so here is that post.....

ok so the box is around 5 cubes and your only have 31 square inches of port. that gives about 6 square inches per cubic foot, you need at least 12 square inches per cubic foot. that will make the biggest difference for you at the moment. thats just rough math but it clearly points out your weak point

CVTs would of been perfect for your application but gotta work with what you have.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

CVTs would of been perfect for your application but gotta work with what you have.

yup lol im gonna get a snugtop some day then my troubles be over but for now.....

so with the port 4x10x20 it'l be about 32hz,That wud be good for these subs right?