hiding crossover question for the ballers on here

I am trying to step my game up some in my Avalanche, and upgrade my front stage to keep up with the SD8k I am running for the low end. My original plan was to put 2 Powerbass 4xl 6.5's and 2 pairs of Crescendo 6.5 component sets in each front door. Doing this would I would only have to mount 2 crossovers in each door.

But some people have been recommending on just using 4 sets of the Crescendo's, but if I do, I do not how I would go about mounting 4 crossovers in each door.

Mounting them in the truck isn't a practical solution, as trying to run that many speaker wires through the boot into the door is going to be impossible.

My question to all the experts on here, with multiple sets of components in the doors, how do you all go about fitting in that many crossovers?

i run em through the door boot. If you are doing a full custom door which it sounds you will be doing you'll just need to factor that into it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

yea; i'm with nate. I wouldn't put the crossover in the door....i'd put them somewhere else and just run wire to the speaker in thru the door jamb.

in my tahoe; I bought a couple 4 channel amps and a RF 360.2 so I don't use crossovers anymore....

EDIT: crap-. reading pwns me. I didn't see that you didn't want to mount them in the truck, so that also rules out my idea of going active instead of passive crossovers....

I suspect you'll end up dropping 8 wires in the door. but that's just me.

Edited by pthrift

Clicky for build log....

2002 Tahoe

DC Power Inc 3 alt bracket with 2x230a. alts 1 stock

Eclipse CD5030

2 JL HD 600/4

4 Rockford Fosgate 2500bdcp's

4 DC Audio 18" XL's

4 Pr MB Quart Premium Components

200FT Stinger HPM 1/0

Rockford 360.2

No where near enough sound deadening

I always wrap them lightly in foam and throw in bottom of door. I have yet to have it come loose or even move. I wouldn't run those crescendo's though

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Many options already given....but I'm curious why you wanted 4 pairs of components, and then wanted two different sets of the same thing?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Why not with the Crescendo's I have heard good things about them.

only good things I have heard is from people that don't have enough experience to know any better, for 99 they are a good replacement for stock and that's about it; cdt, digital designs, AA all have better choices for around the same money maybe a little more. but it's worth the waiting for the increase in sq/loudness. if you want I can get you links

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I know there is plenty of room IN the truck, but there is NO room in the door boot to run that many wires. I can get a couple in there, but NO WAY is 16 wires fitting through there if the crossover is in the truck.

run 1 set of like 10ga wires into door then split it into 4 or how many crossovers you have and run crossovers inside of door they will fit easy that way

mcintoshsigz.png