DSL modem ** quick help **

Just got a new modem for my dsl because my last modem had a bad ethernet cable, so i couldnt hook up my wireless router.. Anywho, its just a cheaper one from best buy, .. An actiontec dsl modem, but what i was wondering is there anything i have to do or setup with this or can i just plug it in and go>??

** in with the new**96 grand am GT 2- dc lv 3 12'smemphis mc1000d145.3@46 hz** out with old**96 Grand am GT12w71000/1 143.6 @ 46 hz on the new TLhttp://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=av1023dc4.jpg

i went from a POS westell to an actiontech gt704wg wireless router and i couldnt just plug and play i had to run the setup disk....i would suggest the model i have its really nice but really expensive if you have to buy it.....my westell literally caught on fire so verizon sent me a knew one for free

new setup in the works

didnt it come with instructions, and why didny you just buy another ethernet cord?

It wasnt the cable that was messed up.... It was the port in the modem...

** in with the new**96 grand am GT 2- dc lv 3 12'smemphis mc1000d145.3@46 hz** out with old**96 Grand am GT12w71000/1 143.6 @ 46 hz on the new TLhttp://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=av1023dc4.jpg

i went from a POS westell to an actiontech gt704wg wireless router and i couldnt just plug and play i had to run the setup disk....i would suggest the model i have its really nice but really expensive if you have to buy it.....my westell literally caught on fire so verizon sent me a knew one for free

This one is a  actiontec GT701R

If your just replacing the old one...plug the old one in, take down all of the Login and IP information.  Input the same information in the one and whoola..done.

Not sure whom your provider is, but my provider (Qwest) requires a couple of unique settings to connect to their service.  Its easy, don't get discouraged.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

really? im also using quest but by earthlink... some guy hooked the it all up when i did the agreement with earthlink... some gray box outside

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer