SPL Gains!! Updates @page 30 (routing the port)

fecupe2001

I tested my Honda Accord one day, and I gained 2dBs just by moving seats, visors, and other stuff in the car. ;)

Ductape around the sub usually gains .1 or so. There is soooo many little things to do to gain. If you start at 145 with a plain install, a 148-9 is easily reachable in most cases. Just by doing little stuff.

I love doing tricks like this to gain SPL. I hope to buy a TL this spring just to test and have something to do.

I have a lot I want to myths I want to test, and a lot of things people say makes a difference I just don't believe.

now try the carpeted box trick, how it lowers by like 0.3db+ :good:

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Thanks for the input guys, YES, carpet lower your score (at least that´s what happened to me in the past)!!

Hugh, yes i know there is a lot more debeezzzz, so here we go :drinks:

Ok, i ended with a 139.1 dbs @ 53 hz on my last post, after that, i installed a PVC to round the external edge of the box, something i saw jacob from sundown and tons of other people trying, like this:

1006209.jpg

This little thing dropped my score to 139.0 dbs, so i took it out, burped again and saw my 139.1 dbs.

Then, i knew my port was way to small for this box, i mean, 8 SQ per cubic feet it´s small as hell, i wanted to get a bigger port but i only had 4" PVC around, i wanted to try a single 5" pvc port but i don´t want to spend money on this little "project" , SO, i went from a single 4" port to a couple of them, with this, i could have an idea of how much i would have gained with a 5" pvc port, i thought that, if i dropped my score 1 db or something like that by switching to 2 4´s , then with a 5" i would have gained A LOT!!! But, they are only assumptions, so, i got the 2 4"´s :

1006211.jpg

I went from 139.1 dbs to 138.5 dbs with this things, I´m SURE that, with a single 5" port i would have raised at least a full db :peepwall:

Anyways, i closed the hole of that port as good as i could without spending ANY money or wood, i did it with a little square of mdf that i had on the floor, my score went from 139.1 dbs to 138.5 dbs, this means that this hole took 0.6 dbs from my score :(

Then, it was time to do some flares, i had a metalic bowl laying around, BUT, it was way too small, i tried to find another one but didn´t get any luck, so , i had to do the job by getting hot the tube on the small bowl and push the fucking tube down to a piece of wood i had, they end up looking like SHIT , i didn´t think i was gonna gain ANY with this been so badly heated, BUT :

Went from a 12" pipe to a 14" pipe, only EXTERNAL flare:

1006223j.jpg

1006224j.jpg

139.4 dbs, that´s a HUGE gain if you ask me, take into account that i´ve already lost 0.6 dbs because of the hole of the second port!! :pardon:

Then, i took out the sub and flared the other side of the port, i mounted thru the hole of the sub and attached them with cheap ass electrical tape, and what would you know?????

1006227co.jpg

1006230.jpg

1006233g.jpg

After this, i duct taped the holes of the box because remember that i raised the internal space by moving one of the walls, went from 140.7 dbs to 141 dbs.

THEN, i did my good old seats , central console and visors positioning, my two front seats all the way forward and folded vertically, visors vertically, center console empty and open:

Visors down: 141.5 dbs

Front seats forward: 142.2 dbs

Front seats folded vertically : 142.5 dbs

Center console empty and open : 142.7 dbs

IMPORTANT NOTE : Remember that i lost 0.6 dbs because of the second hole on the box, this means that i ended up with a 143.3 dbs @ 53 hz with a 375 watts sub and a cheap Almani amplifier.

After doing all this, i honestly called a done job because the box had way too many leaks, remember that i didn´t even glue it, small ass cone area for this car, smaller port that i would have wanted, etc etc etc etc!!!

I hope you guys enjoyed this short topic, i´m not a big expert on Burp boxes and there are TONS of other things that i couldn´t try on this little "project" , mostly because of the time, i have DB Drag finals this weekend and i have to work on the sexplorer and install everything again, BUT, the results are GOOD if you ask me!!!

I went from 134.2 dbs to 143.3 dbs in 2 days without spending a single dollar!!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

what do you mean seats folded vertically? and did you try glove box open? and center console do you have a pic?

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

what do you mean seats folded vertically? and did you try glove box open? and center console do you have a pic?

Remember that spanish is my main language so i might have said it wrong haha, is when you get where your back is and you move it, some cars score better all the way forward, others all the way back, my explorer scores A LOT better when i get them on a 90º positioning, understood me now? if not, i would have to take a pic to explain myself better!

Yes, i tried the glove box open and dropped 0.2 dbs, also, i tried to close the a/a vents and dropped 0.5 dbs, that one hurted!! i also want to try armour all on every spot of the dash and see if it gains anything, about the center console, no pic either, but is just the stock console emptied and opened :pardon:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived