Newbie to Security Systems, Help!

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a nice, simple to install security system for my Chevy s10 pickup (2000). I've looked into this viper system:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...P-N-3202V.html

And it looks pretty good, there aren't too many wires... But my main question is this: I only need a few things to make my truck totally secure:

1. Glass break sensor (Not completely necessary, but if it's easy then I want one!)

2. Door open sensors for the hood, passenger, and driver door.

That's about it.

Are these two sensors/ triggers compatible with this security system:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...witch-PS2.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...cted-506T.html

If so, what will I need to do to get these babies working??? Any info will be greatly appreciated, I hope to see some replies soon! Thanks in advance,

Mike O.

glass break is a microphone and basically is cake to install. car already has door pins so you dont need to add them.

the links you posted dont work, but I would suggest a 350 viper system if you want security, or a 5601 or 5701 if you wanted remote start as well. Whatever you do, spend the money on a 2-way system, alarms are useless if you don't know they're going off. And consider professional install, its not a simple thing to do, especially if its your first time. Wiring and programming can be daunting, I know my first install took 8 hours for something a good tech could do in 20 minutes.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

glass break is a microphone and basically is cake to install. car already has door pins so you dont need to add them.

the links you posted dont work, but I would suggest a 350 viper system if you want security, or a 5601 or 5701 if you wanted remote start as well. Whatever you do, spend the money on a 2-way system, alarms are useless if you don't know they're going off. And consider professional install, its not a simple thing to do, especially if its your first time. Wiring and programming can be daunting, I know my first install took 8 hours for something a good tech could do in 20 minutes.

they are tricky but 20 minutes? I know 3 guys who have been doing them for 15 years, quality installs too, and it takes them around 3 hours to do a full alarm system, and 2 hours for a remote start only, or a tab less, but 20 minutes, lmao

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)