HOW TO: Wire strapped amps

AMI CUSTOMS

Well since somebody dug deep to pull this thread up, I have a question. I have 2 Crescendo amps & they have 2 positive & 2 negative speaker inputs on each, is it necessary to hook both the positives & both the negatives up or can I just use 1 positive & 1 negative & link the other 2 negatives together with only wire?

3d7304fe.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well since somebody dug deep to pull this thread up, I have a question. I have 2 Crescendo amps & they have 2 positive & 2 negative speaker inputs on each, is it necessary to hook both the positives & both the negatives up or can I just use 1 positive & 1 negative & link the other 2 negatives together with only wire?

It would depend on which amps exactly you are referring to and which final ohm load you were wired to but you could have upwards of 100 amps AC running thru those wires, I would want 2 pieces of 8 to carry that much current instead of just 1.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

if you don't have a scope and you are using an amp that has a clipping indicator light on the remote... theoretically couldn't you set the gain on the amp with that? just connect the knob turn it to max and then turn the gain on the amp up till the light turns on then dial it back slightly?

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

if you don't have a scope and you are using an amp that has a clipping indicator light on the remote... theoretically couldn't you set the gain on the amp with that? just connect the knob turn it to max and then turn the gain on the amp up till the light turns on then dial it back slightly?

Technically yes but it's not accurate

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Ah ok. so best to just find someone that has a DD1 or a scope locally that can let me borrow it got it

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Ah ok. so best to just find someone that has a DD1 or a scope locally that can let me borrow it got it

Correct

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

The remote gain knobs have been known to fail, it is best to set gain with oscope or dd1. I prefer an oscope cuz I can see the sine wave and I prefer that over a blinking LED.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db