Mechman Alternators

Can Mechman make a 150 amp alternator?

i'm sure they COULD..but why only 150?

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

i am only running 1000 watts total system and the alternator is a v-band belt and the belt would not be able to move a very high output alternator, only a 1.6L engine and the belt is very small, so only need 150 AMPS, stock alt is 70 amps >.<

Edited by michigancapri92

just get a d925 and you'll be fine, no need to get a new alt for 1kw, just do big 3 and add any of the xs and you shouldnt have any voltage drop

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

for 1k watts you DONT need to upgrade your alt :/

yeah i was thinking that, right now i have my battery moved from engine bay to trunk and im running really bad wire, its cheap 1/0 but not AWG so its like 2gauge i will try rewireing and getting good 1/0 and see what happens, right now i am using an optima red top/ what would be a good sized XS ? the D925?

If i had ok power wire would just upgrading the battery ground to better wire make a difference?

Edited by michigancapri92

for 1k watts you DONT need to upgrade your alt :/

yeah i was thinking that, right now i have my battery moved from engine bay to trunk and im running really bad wire, its cheap 1/0 but not AWG so its like 2gauge i will try rewireing and getting good 1/0 and see what happens, right now i am using an optima red top/ what would be a good sized XS ? the D925?

If i had ok power wire would just upgrading the battery ground to better wire make a difference?

To run your car and the aftermarket audio equipment, I would just swap your stock battery to a D3400 and run good 1/0 wire and do the Big 3 and you should be good without needing a new alt.