Viper 5901 Blinking LED while I drive?

So I just installed my alarm in my dodge ram, everythings good so far. i need to play with the shock sensor settings because right now I can hit it really hard and it doesn't go off.

I have a huge issue right now, the led is blinking while i drive at night and is very obnoxious. is it supposed to be on while i drive? its annoying blinking right there. during the day, no issue, night its bad.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I just installed my alarm in my dodge ram, everythings good so far. i need to play with the shock sensor settings because right now I can hit it really hard and it doesn't go off.

I have a huge issue right now, the led is blinking while i drive at night and is very obnoxious. is it supposed to be on while i drive? its annoying blinking right there. during the day, no issue, night its bad.

any help would be great.

You probably have your alarm in valet mode.

refer to your instructions how to take it in and out of valet mode.

Could be but iirc valet mode stays solid blue. Do all of the features work correctly op? Remote start, locks, and what not?

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

You probably have your alarm in valet mode.

refer to your instructions how to take it in and out of valet mode.

Could be but iirc valet mode stays solid blue. Do all of the features work correctly op? Remote start, locks, and what not?

Right now everything works locks and what not. Remote start is not hooked up yet,thats tomorrows task, but when I drive I beleive the led blinks 3 times.

also, i can slam my hand and bump in to the bed of the truck or the cab and the alarm doesn't go off. I know my zone sensor will make it go off, but i want the alarm portion to do its work also...

Don't know about the light being on even while driving but to adjust the shock sensor have the door open unarm alarm and while its like that hold the function button down for about 10sec. It will go into the menus and use the aux and remote start buttons to scroll up and down menu, when you get to sensor adjust press function button again and you should see the level of sensitivity The default is 7 and you can take it to 15 by using the aux and remote start buttons on remote to adjust. when you adjust to different number press function button again and the alarm should sound once to confirm setting, get out car close door and arm the alarm. Give it a few seconds to sit then go tapping around car. Repeat until your satisfied with warn away and full alarm triggers.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

Don't know about the light being on even while driving but to adjust the shock sensor have the door open unarm alarm and while its like that hold the function button down for about 10sec. It will go into the menus and use the aux and remote start buttons to scroll up and down menu, when you get to sensor adjust press function button again and you should see the level of sensitivity The default is 7 and you can take it to 15 by using the aux and remote start buttons on remote to adjust. when you adjust to different number press function button again and the alarm should sound once to confirm setting, get out car close door and arm the alarm. Give it a few seconds to sit then go tapping around car. Repeat until your satisfied with warn away and full alarm triggers.

I will finish hook up all the rest tomorrow to see if it goes away. if not that sucker is going to be soldered out haha

The light should only blink about 1sec apart at night when armed. Heres an example of different flashing. If something triggered alarm but you didn't rearm it the light will blink three times fast then a pause then blink three times over and over thats to let you know that the shock sensor has been tripped. The weird thing is that once you turn the key forward it should reset brain and whole process starts over. You have gotten far putting it in, if I were you recheck all your connections, most likely its an easy fix before you start taking it all out. Good luck.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

either wire it up on a kill switch or take it back to the shop and tell them to fix what they fucked up. :peepwall:

Archived