I traded away a sub for 3 Alpine Type Rs in a Ground Shaker Prefab box. Looking at the spec of the box before the trade, it looked to be really good from the specs posted aside from the tiny port are.

specs on woofersetc say its 1.93 cubes per chamber with a 12.5 x 1.5 x 25.5 port, i played with those specs and it looked to be tuned in the low 30s.

when i got it though the specs are a little different. my measurements put the box at 1.43 cubes after port, maybe just a type on the site. but there dimensions on the site are also different. actual tuning from back calculating is somewhere between 35 and 39hz. Which is pretty good for a daily driver for the average guy that doesnt listen to anything but slowed music, but it does still do good on slowed stuff.

The build quality is good too, 3/4 inch mdf with a nice carpeted finish. but the port cutouts would be better. It looks like they build the ports in the box and dropped the top baffle over that and just routered out the sub and port cutouts, but the port cutouts do not extend all the way up and down.

theres also a really big price difference between woofers and ocs.

ocs says retail is 159 and sells theirs for 139

woofersetc says retail is 369 and sells for 229

both sites have the same pic and model number

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_20178_Ground_Shaker_SQP312.aspx

http://www.woofersetc.com/p3652/SQP312--Ground-Shaker-12"-Triple-Ported-Box.htm

Right now its in my car with 3 type r 12s in it, and only fits in my back seat. It sounds decent and for a beginner just wanting some subs i would recommend it. I did some Term Lab testing in my car and it peaked at 48 hz. This peak is most likely my car not the box, since my car has peaked around there for almost all my boxes.

here is an in car response curve. No certain power level, just turned it up until it registered on the term lab. scores are with the car sealed, dash and kick scores

Groundshakerboxfreqrespinhonda.jpg

over all i would say this is a good box for beginners, or someone that had no initiative to learn about car audio but wants a "loud" stereo.

just by from OCS and it will be cheaper.

nice review i bet it killed you to noob it in the backseat didnt it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I like this review. Its nice that you went through all that testing

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

i had a sealed ground shaker prefab for 2 alpine type r 12s for my very first system and that shit slammed for what it was im not sure what the box specs were but it was a VERY solid box i also got mine form ocs

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

nice review i bet it killed you to noob it in the backseat didnt it.

thanks,

but my car has been torn apart to build a setup where the back seat goes already, for usaci superstock. I actually still had it firing to the rear since I dont actually have a back seat anymore.

I was going to start a new topic for peak spl, but ill add it here too.

I have the subs wire to 8 ohms each and down to 2.6 to my amps,

for amps i have 2 sundown 1500s strapped. so i figure around 2k watts or more going to it before rise.

peak score sealed on the dash was a 146.3

peak score sealed in the kick was a 148.0

Door open dropped the score. The scores were also done with no testing, just dropping it in.

I may wire it down to .66 to burp it. I dont see a 50 too far off if i do that.

I like this review. Its nice that you went through all that testing

thanks man, when you have a term lab lying around you just feel like testing anything, haha

Archived