Sonic Electronix

can i run 2 sets of components on one crossover?

ok so i got 2 sets of orion components all 6.5 and each set has a set of wires with built in crossovers, i am running 2 speakers on one channel of the amp in parallel, could i run both sets off of just one of those crossovers?

Edited by michigancapri92

i'm assuming you mean passive crossovers.

well you can but it will drasticly change the crossover slopes and sound like ass. and if you wire in paralell, the crossover is likely to overload and fail.

Maybe look into going active or buying another crossover like this : CLICK ME

No.

Crossovers are only designed for a certain amount of power, putting two sets on one crossover means that you are very likely to start blowing up caps and burning coils if you decide to power the speakers properly. Also, changing the impedance seen by the crossover means that the actual crossover point is changed dramatically(raises it) so the mids play less efficiently (because they have to handle a wider range) and are more likely to blow.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

since the 2 crossovers are pre wired into the wire could i just run both crossovers and wire them in parallel ? kind of like this

parallel.jpg

if i cant do that how can i wire these 2 sets of components together on one channel in parallel ?

Talk about going mono lol.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

well i have 4 components and i want to run 2 on left 2 on right they are 50 watts rms each 4ohm and my amp can do 100watt 2ohms each channel so i would still have left and right

ok i have 4 crossovers for each component, so like i have pictured the 2 crossovers wired in parallel betweet the crossover and amp will work? as long as i dont wire the speakers in parallel between speaker and crossover