Sonic Electronix

so my pops had a few extra batts layin around his shop and asked if maybe i wantd any of them for my system.. i have horrible voltage drop as is with my aq2200d and 15 fi bl on stock alt with big 3 done in a 10 impala. i beleive my alt is like 125 amps

i wantd to kno if running another battery in parelell to the back would stress my alt. to much and fry it. keep in mind these batteries my dads got are light truck batteries, 75 series, like 950 cca's its a big battery. (i dont even know if u can run a bat like that to the back) so what do you guys think?

this is all "for now" while i wait to get a highout put alternator.. any helps greatly appreciated

aafi.jpg

so my pops had a few extra batts layin around his shop and asked if maybe i wantd any of them for my system.. i have horrible voltage drop as is with my aq2200d and 15 fi bl on stock alt with big 3 done in a 10 impala. i beleive my alt is like 125 amps

i wantd to kno if running another battery in parelell to the back would stress my alt. to much and fry it. keep in mind these batteries my dads got are light truck batteries, 75 series, like 950 cca's its a big battery. (i dont even know if u can run a bat like that to the back) so what do you guys think?

this is all "for now" while i wait to get a highout put alternator.. any helps greatly appreciated

if it isnt a sealed battery, dont put it in the car, period.

and i always see people running two batteries on there alt and it seems to do fine but they usually have HO alt plans in the future. I have heard of people running 7 batteries on a stock alt, but didnt know how long it lasted either.

personally, i would be confortable with 1 extra battery on a stock alt but if you need more than 1 extra, go HO Alt. but thats just me.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

yes it would add stress to your alt. Depending on when you get a H/O alt would depend on if it survives. Adding an AQ2200d adds stress to your alt also :) I would add a second battery if it were me. However, I wouldn't add one of those, stick to sealed batteries on the inside.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

By adding the second batt on stock, the alt is then presented with the obstacle of keeping 2 batts up to charge. This may give advantage towards your amp, but puts more load on the alt.

Also put this in mind. A regular lead acid batt has a differ purpose. Even if it has high cca, that is used for 30 second bursts such as car starting. They aren't designed for discharge pressure from a stereo and such. You are looking for high AH and RC.

If you were persistent on using another batt on stock, a sealed will store charge easier, longer, and will be easier for the alt to maintain the charge.

ok. so basically you guys are saying yes i could add a second battery and be ok with the stock alt. you just wouldnt add the battery i have. correct?

i plan on upgrading my alternator once income tax comes thru so it shouldnt be more than a month or 2. fyi.

great info so far anyone else?

aafi.jpg

You will have to take breaks from the stereo to give the stock alt a chance to catch up. Even then, it is not guaranteed that it will be able to keep them at a Full charge. And the more you let the batts discharge, the harder it is on the alt. Monitor the heat of the alt casing. If it is too hot at touch, back off the stereo and let it charge.

You mentioned you think your alt is 125, so of course it will do significantly less at low rpm. The only way to get near the highest rating is at highway speeds 2 or 3k rpm for a consistent length in time. Stop and go city driving is nearly considered idle.

Until taxes get here and you get your new alt, good luck!! :)

you will be fine with an additional battery on your stock alt. It might shorten the lifespan of the alt in the long run but day to day it wont be a problem. Only use sealed batteries as secondarys.

2007 Acura TSX

Stock Navigation

Rockford 360.2 (FOR SALE)

Sundown SAZ3500

2 12" DC Sound Lab LvL4 @2ohm

JL 600/4

2 Sets of Focal 165K2P