The official guns and stuff shoot the breeze thread

Also this is getting pretty annoying... If I hold the gun at enough of an angle that it doesn't do this it's massively uncomfortable to hold. Glock 19 is the one in question. Never had that issue with the p38 or any revolver I've shot. That's all I've shot so far so I can't answer for anything else. The tang from the grip pushes against the knuckle and wears through my skin.

Ideas? Or just wait for it to callous over? Same spot my impact smacks against at work

WP_20150705_003_zps112b724c.jpg

Start by getting the center of the web of your hand deep in the beaver tail, then starting with your middle finger dig up under the trigger guard. Follow with you ring and pinky fingers with firm and even pressure all around. Follow the tips below for the rest.

A little tip to see if you're doing it correctly is the tip of your support thumb pointing forward should be in line with the tip of your trigger finger.

The support hand doesn't feel like it's doing much in terms of pressure on its own but you feel the mechanics working on your strong hand.

52855ffe1605fb7ca7000747_1.jpg

When I have it sitting so it doesn't smack my knuckle it's hugely uncomfortable to hold. Probably doesn't help that I'm right handed / left eye dominant so I need to shift the firearm towards my left, it torques my wrist over. After a couple shots my hand settles back into my comfortable grip but them it smacks into my knuckle again

Seems I have 3 solutions

- Deal with it. Maybe get a different grip for my pistol

- Learn to shoot with my right eye

- Learn to shoot with an odd wrist angle and re adjust grip as needed

Also played around with reloading some more 6.5gr longshot with CCI Small Magnum Pistol primers 124gr 9mm. Those are some HOT suckers hehe

No signs of overpressure

I'm right handed and left eye dominant too. My remedy for the pistol is just turn my head to the right a bit so my jaw touches my right shoulder.

What's strange is I shoot long guns lefty.

More common than you think. I'm the exact same way

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

you cold also learn to shoot with both eyes open

Snow, Read up on the Bindon aiming concept, I know we're not talking about scopes but the front sight/target focus "blend" is essentially the same thing.

I'm right handed and left eye dominant too. My remedy for the pistol is just turn my head to the right a bit so my jaw touches my right shoulder.

What's strange is I shoot long guns lefty.

More common than you think. I'm the exact same way

I've only met 2 Jarheads in my almost 10 years in the grunts that were the same way. I guess I just haven't noticed it. The great thing about it is rifle and pistol ammo distribution, not everything is on one side lol.

Snow, Read up on the Bindon aiming concept, I know we're not talking about scopes but the front sight/target focus "blend" is essentially the same thing.

I shoot with both eyes open, just shoot through the left eye and ignore the right.

Grip that thing and don't let it grip you. I shoot a lot lately and have never ended up looking like that. What grip is on your 19? I'm trying to grip up as high as possible and sometimes even get my support thumb on the slide inadvertently. You may just need to work on your grip it's probably the most important thing

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived