The official guns and stuff shoot the breeze thread

The reason for adding anything to the suppressor is for the cooling effect to the gasses to quiet it down just a hair more. Some don't do it simply for the mess it can cause. If done right it's not bad at all and does quiet the first 4-5 shots just a hair more. As the coolant ( whatever you choose to add) evaporates, you go back to square one and have to add more. In my opinion suppressor technology has come so far it's not worth doing, but if you have a can that comes apart for clean up I would say experiment with it just to get the experience.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't get any of the 300 to compare. I didn't bring much ammo with me for that one since I'm still working on load development really. It's spooky quiet and the 300 hits like a truck

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

What kind of buffer and spring weight combo are you using on the 300? How's the ejection with and without the can? Any excessive wear on the brass?

Or is it still in the fuck this is fun stage before you go M.I.T. mode?

It's an interesting and flexible caliber. I'm curious because I'm considering adding this caliber to the mix someday in the future, especially when I'm able to roll my own.

I shoot the same buffer and spring in my 5.56 upper as I do my 300 upper. It's a standard carbine I think. I might go to a silent capture system though. Ejection is good. 8-10 feet at 3 o'clock better with the can and locks open easier. I had loads with 10.2 and 10.4 and 10.6 grains of powder. The two lighter loads wouldn't lock back on empty without a can but would with. I need to actually be around 10.8 for my load I found. The only issues I've seen on the brass is some rough rims in spots. It could be my load as I had some chambering issues loading a bit too long and then having mortar style clear it.

Since I'm reloading for it you have to do the mit stuff. Pressure loads things like that. I'd recommend it to anyone who can reload

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

I'm making my own with a Dillon rt1500. I've got a bunch of money tied up in it though. Close to 600 or so in just that.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived