The official guns and stuff shoot the breeze thread

What exactly are you looking for in hand loads. Just plinker ammo or what

Pretty much, nothing specific in mind, I'd be better off just buying retail wouldn't i?

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks like Nate, the sort who shoots at least as much as I do, will tell you that in the long run, or as was the case with me, the short run will save money with handloads. Now when I say I like to shoot, it just does nothing to describe how nuts I am. I'll build a gun and have 5k+ thru it within a week.

I wish I shot that much right now. I'm so mired in work and familial duties I haven't shot since the last match. I may go tonight though. I have new ammo to chrono and stuff too. But reloading for volume and reloading for precision are different imo

Oh and day 89.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Broke down and grabbed a MAC 90. Nothing too special except the real fixed stock trunnion and not a welded on mess. Still slant cut reciever and not the underfolder hidden behind shitty wood and shitty welds but a deal none the less. It also came with an early Ishmash spine stamped mag!! I am supposed to be focused on moving but this gun got me. I had no idea people are getting $600.00+ for these things. I loves me some Chinese AK, now I have to hide it from myself before I get fucking with it.lol

Finally getting things moving in the right direction with my savage. 1" squares at 100yds, .308 150gr. Águila ammo. Not the best groupings but I'm still a novice with rifle.

20160515_171826_zpsvmxhwfos.jpg

20160515_171832_zpsaipkmnvq.jpg

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

I'm actually thinking about a vortex strike eagle on my sbr ar308. Totally goes against everything I typically do but the price is really right and I'm wanting to try one.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

I'm actually thinking about a vortex strike eagle on my sbr ar308. Totally goes against everything I typically do but the price is really right and I'm wanting to try one.

Not sure if govx.com carries the strike eagle, but with you being retired military you should qualify for their site, they have good prices compared to like optics planet and what not

Edit: just checked no strike eagle

I've got better pricing elsewhere on most of that stuff. I've got discount codes for optics planet too.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Well shit. Nevermind then

Archived