The official guns and stuff shoot the breeze thread

BobbyG, check Crossbreed holsters like the super tuck along with a thick belt help with carrying. Super tucks are super ugly but the best conceal holster I've seen. I've seen people around your size conceal a lot bigger guns with the Super tuck, even an HK USP 45 can hide away comfortably. I believe most important to CCW is a good holster, but I good thick belt is almost important with big guns.

BobbyG, if you like the feel of a 1911 style gun look into Rock Island Armory 1911's. they have a few models around your price range and would be a better choice than a revolver right now. As for carrying, trying it around the back of your hip (~4 o clock if you think of your body like a clock). It will conceal much better there than right on your side. Another thing with most 1911's is they tend to be thinner than many other guns similar in size (with the exception of double stack's) so they tend to be pretty easy to conceal.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

BobbyG, if you like the feel of a 1911 style gun look into Rock Island Armory 1911's. they have a few models around your price range and would be a better choice than a revolver right now. As for carrying, trying it around the back of your hip (~4 o clock if you think of your body like a clock). It will conceal much better there than right on your side. Another thing with most 1911's is they tend to be thinner than many other guns similar in size (with the exception of double stack's) so they tend to be pretty easy to conceal.

I will vouch for Rock Island I personally carry a fullsize 1911 daily... Also look into Galco Kingtuk its cheaper and more comfortable than Crossbreed holsters :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Damn, on $420 for a full-sized 1911 from Rock Island! http://www.impactgun...-8rd-54121.aspx

Shit guys, at this rate I'll be trying on Desert Eagles next month! :P

I'll definitely look into both holster companies, maybe my local shops carry them and I can try them on for size.

Good news is one of my friends has an 1911 that I might be able to try out soon, see how I like it!

Thanks everyone! :)

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Lt. Smoke, it's been a while since I've looked a holsters I'm behind the times. The Kingtuks look great and sure the hell are a lot cheaper.

Why do you like Rock Island 1911's? An honest question I'm thinking about one for a friend.

What I mean is did you have to do anything to it to get it CCW ready? How accurate is it compared to other 1911s you've shot?

I value your opinion, I'm not trying to start a shitstorm.

Here are the best two videos I could find on the accuracy of the Rock Islands:

But I really have no clue what I'm talking about/looking at, so wait for the Lt. to input his wisdom before passing judgement. :P

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

My next pistol will most likely be from Springfield arms, an XD. Still not sure if I want the Glock 21 or not. Anyone know of a good pistol that can be concealed without having the bulge effect on pants or shorts. Obviously with a ccw permit. I've seen somem 9mms that will be fine and 380s.

Lt. Smoke, it's been a while since I've looked a holsters I'm behind the times. The Kingtuks look great and sure the hell are a lot cheaper.

Why do you like Rock Island 1911's? An honest question I'm thinking about one for a friend.

What I mean is did you have to do anything to it to get it CCW ready? How accurate is it compared to other 1911s you've shot?

I value your opinion, I'm not trying to start a shitstorm.

Well I found out about Rock Island Armory from a very knowledgeable friend on here named Hugh G Rection... He is VERY VERY knowledgeable because he has owned,modified and sold more 1911's than I have owned total guns... I would put my Rock Island up against any of the other Production 1911's not including the custom Ed Browns,and the other 2k+ weapons but for under $600 you CANT go wrong...

I didnt have to do ANYTHING to get it ready for CCW except take it to the range and make sure the Hollowpoint Ammo I was going to carry would feed properly and it does so outside of making sure the 1911 would take the ammo I selected I have done NOTHING to my gun other than swapped grips to add a personal touch :)

Not to mention Rock Island has AWESOME AWESOME Customer Service and they are very quick to take care of issues you may be having so rest assured that if you choose Rock it wont LET you down :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

That's what I was hoping to hear, no feed ramp poshishing and all that other stuff just test with carry ammo and go. I have heard a few bad things about RI, but after hearing this and when the prices return to normal my friend may have to check them out.

Archived