The official guns and stuff shoot the breeze thread

Fired off around 250 rounds today with the lighter firing pin spring. No misfires from my reloads or freedom munitions ammo

What are your guys thoughts on this scope?

http://www.weaveroptics.com/Optics/BuckCommander/scopes/

Got it off a friend brand new for cheap. Should I use it or dump it?

buck commander weaver model 94575 command x 4-16x42 black matte

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Fired off around 250 rounds today with the lighter firing pin spring. No misfires from my reloads or freedom munitions ammo

How do you like the freedom reloads compared to what you can get off the shelf?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Little lighter on the recoil than the Fiocchi stuff the range sells but it's also 115gr vs 124gr. Never had a misfire from either though. I'm actually quite impressed for the price. Casings, bullets are all clean and consistent. Power isn't the cleanest burning but I think that's to be expected at that price point.

Different note.... I've been really toying around with the idea of getting a red dot sight. Had the opportunity to shoot one and loved it. Only thing is.... I don't know how durable they are or how they hold up to daily carry. Can anyone shed some light on that? If I go that route, the intent would be to get the LWD combat mount so I can use traditional sights as a backup.

Ideas / advise / opinions?

Well after giving it a bunch of thought.... Came to the conclusion I wanted something bigger when I go hiking since a 9mm won't do anything except piss a black bear off.

So now I need to decide on ammo... Looking at Hornady's stuff, I have an option between a 300gr bullet and a 240gr bullet can can be loaded to 2110 and 2328 ftlbs of muzzle energy at 1780 and 2090fps respectively. Velocities are both in spec for their bullets so the decision comes to.... Heavier slower bullet or lighter faster one with more energy?

Shoot both and go with the one that you have better accuracy and control with.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

With 2000+ ftlbs of energy from a pistol either way it'll be a handful (both literally and figuratively). Guess we'll have to see

But even still... Would like to know which one will work better on paper, if there's a difference. 300gr should be able to hold velocity better over long distance but I'm not planning to be shooting black bears at a distance. I'll let them be unless I'm out of options

Weight has nothing to do with holding velocity over distance. The bullets ballistic coefficient determines its efficiency

Heavy and slow win here, it's all about penetration here. 300gr lead solid

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Would you rather be hit with a Randy Johnson fastball doing 110mph or cinder block doing 70mph thrown by Nolan Ryan?

This analogy is great but a waste on anyone who doesn't know the two hall of fame pitchers

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Archived