The official guns and stuff shoot the breeze thread

Idk if anyone here shoots winchester white box at the range, and I'm not really sure if this is unshootable, but I won't be firing it out of my weapon. Just keep an eye on your ammo guys. (I colored the tip so I didn't have to search for it later)

20160229_113951_zpsiwfhwnrk.jpg

20160229_114026_zpsesxaaxz1.jpg

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

What's the issue you're showing ? The primer out of round?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

winchester .40 s&w 180 grain fmj rounds.. comments? bought a handgun last year & haven't even gone to shoot it yet. but have time off next week and plan to go then.

just standard ball ammo. fine for the range. 180 vs a lighter bullet... the 180's will have a little less muzzle flip, shove the gun back in your hand. lighter bullets will be more of a "snap' with the muzzle flip.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

winchester .40 s&w 180 grain fmj rounds.. comments? bought a handgun last year & haven't even gone to shoot it yet. but have time off next week and plan to go then.

I've shot some of the white box .45 fmj, it shot pretty good but it was a little dirtier than other ammo I've used.

can you get a close up of where the bullet meets the brass. There should be a taper crimp on that round since it headspaces off the brass. from this angle looks like the brass is buried in the bullet

I'll get a pic in a little bit

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

About the best I could get, on shift at the moment. My partner who reloads said it looks like that line is the end of the bullet, almost like the bullet is mis shaped or something, I'm going to get ahold of winchester either way.

20160229_200747_zpsg3hpam4f.jpg

20160229_200723_zpslr7pafda.jpg

I'm on my phone but that looks like that round missed the crimp station some how which could explain a lot.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived