The official guns and stuff shoot the breeze thread

I saw them every day at my old shop. An indoor range that allows long guns etc will bring some awesome shooters out of the woodwork.

No one ever got hurt, we ran a semi tight ship. And I got to see every possible reason to support abortion. Anyone who has spent a good amount of time on public range sees some incredible enginuity on the part of the inexperienced shooter...

Found instructions for a 12 dollar trigger job fit my axis, nothung too permanent that I can't undo it.

20160529_132847_zps6cxpj8fn.jpg

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Don't forget get the most important step in a home grown trigger job.

Bang test. I would use a spent cartridge or snap cap. Charge the rifle with said snap cap and fuckin smack it. Really bang the side of the gun. Not scientific or particularly safe but better then finding out you over did it walking around with a live round in the chamber.

I plan to beat the shit out of it before I finalize anything. I got the stuff to eliminate creep, lower the weight, and also the over pull. But my trigger doesn't have much creep at all so I'm not going to mess with that. Just the over travel and weight which if for some reason it fails the bang test I can take it back to stock since I'm not messing with the factory spring

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Anyone wear breathing protection? It's not much an issue with pistols but when I do shotgun stuff I end up inhaling a lot of the lead dust and get that sweet taste in the back of my throat

So I'm sure since this is a mass produced gun that some people have extra creep in the trigger, mine didn't happen to so I'm not doing that mod, plus that mod is a lot riskier. In my pic the factory spring is the gold one on the right. It threaded into the trigger. Thanks to the online tutorial I found it listed the exact bolt I needed to thread up through the spring hole as you can see in the pic. By dialing that in it more or less eliminated any over travel of the trigger. I had to grind the threads off of the top part of the bolt to slide the new spring down it. I don't have a weigh to measure the trigger now but it's a completely different feel compared to before. I took the pull weight as low as I felt comfortable by trimming a quarter of a coil at a time off the replacement spring. Then I beat the shit out of the gun harder than I ever want to again lol and it didn't release the sear so I should be good there. I'm going to beat it more after its all back together. Safety still works fine too. And the he cap over travel screw is blue loctite'd in.

1464621666523-956885021_zpstqzzt7en.jpg

Ah the afgani shitter isis modified. Such a classic lol

Archived