I've got an xdm already too. It's good til june

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

On 2/12/2017 at 10:02 PM, Evan_P said:

Well guys I need some input. Ran another 6 boxes of ammo through the 308 today. Had 2 failures to feed, both in the exact same fashion. The case if making it halfway into the chamber before being stopped. They both show the same marks in the same location of the case. No issue clearing as simply pulling the charging handle rearward an dropping the mag allows the case to fall free. 

OnEnKn7.jpg

One of the rounds was PMC 147gr 308W, the other Aguila 150gr 7.62*51. Not thinking it is an ammo issue. Using PMAGS as I don't have any other mags to try. The feed ramps look good with the exception that the feed ramps in the Aero upper don't perfectly match the Faxon extension feed ramps. However I don't think this would be caused by that difference as they are getting stuck at the very top of the feed ramp in the extension. I'm wondering it the sharp edges of the new feed ramps are just catching on the cases?

Let me guess, that dent is being made by the bottom of the bolt coming to a stop on top of the round? The issue is the the gun short stroking.

1st thing i would do is run the bolt a little more lubed. I bet it's kinda dry right now. .308's are very different in how they like to run compared to 556 guns.

Odds are the lube should handle it, if not short stroking can be caused by both over and under gassing. I that case it's a different method of trouble shooting. 

Run the bolt wet then check back in

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Those marks are from locking lugs in the extension right at the top of the feed lips. I gave the gun a good cleaning and lubed it up as it was quiet dry. I will give it anther try this weekend. Will also try the 1 round in the mag to make sure it locks open each time.

I want one of these.... no stamp needed 

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

I've got the itch again. What to do about it

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Scratch it LOL

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

I think I going to

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Put another 100 or so rounds though the 308 yesterday. Did 20 rounds 1 at a time in the mag, all locked back just fine. Did not have a single failure. However I am getting a consistent 1:30 ejection. Pair that with some cases that look like they are being stripped from the chamber a little early is leading me to believe the gun is a little overgassed. I went ahead and ordered an adjustable gas block for the rifle. Should make things better. 

Archived